Shadowaero

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've used this as well:

https://wildmanrocketry.com/collections/proline/products/4500p

on a number of minimum diameter kits. Just good fillets, no tip to tip, using carbon fiber body tube and fins. Made it to Mach 2.4 on a number of flights, with both 38mm and 54mm rockets. I know a number of flyers who have done the same. This year I hope to do the same with a 98mm version of the same kit.

Tony

Really too bad ShadowAero is not around any more. Truly amazingly high quality kits. Really blazed the trail for carbon fiber airframes with exceptional quality parts.

Wrong…… why do people assume I’m not around without asking me?

Dave
@watheyak can jump in, but I would assume the reference to "not still around" meaning ShadowAero not currently producing high end components/kits for sale today.

Any chance that would change in the future? :cool:

Wrong…… why do people assume I’m not around without asking me?

Dave
Hahah! The old sea dog raises his ugly head from the swamp of marine things! Don't get me wrong, I love old boats and what you've done. Some amazing work there! So, got any flash streamers lying about? I could use one or three....
I'm gonna blame Gordon and Marty for disturbing you. Amirite?
Your ears must be singed off by now, eh? I know, mea culpa! Did you ever sell that leather jacket? Expiring minds need to know..
Still have my kryptonite sticker you got me, thx!
Sherman, push the button on the way back machine!

Last edited:
@watheyak can jump in, but I would assume the reference to "not still around" meaning ShadowAero not currently producing high end components/kits for sale today.

Any chance that would change in the future? :cool:
From 2010-2015 I transitioned from kit sales to custom builds of my designs. Before that I would offer kits in 100 unit runs to make them economically feasible for me and the buyers. If there was interest in those numbers for production of any of the designs (BlackBird, Raven X, Shock, Phoenix, or ExoTerra) I would do it. But there are usually a max of 20 interested, and it simply costs too much for the buyer and certainly is it worth it to me.

Dave

Hahah! The old sea dog raises his ugly head from the swamp of marine things! Don't get me wrong, I love old boats and what you've done. Some amazing work there! So, got any flash streamers lying about? I could use one or three....
I'm gonna blame Gordon and Marty for disturbing you. Amirite?
Your ears must be singed off by now, eh? I know, mea culpa! Did you ever sell that leather jacket? Expiring minds need to know..
Sherman, push the button on the way back machine!
Ugly?
I’ve been told I’m a fairly good looking guy….;)
Yes I have some small (3” x72”) FLASH streamers in stock, 25.00 each.

Dave

Ugly?
I’ve been told I’m a fairly good looking guy….;)
Yes I have some small (3” x72”) FLASH streamers in stock, 25.00 each.

Dave
Yeah, that was just that little green garden gnome on my shoulder talkin'. I, on the other hand, have been compared to 30 miles of back roads done face down. My shock absorbers don't and I got more duct tape on my body than the last place guy in a SCCA rallye. So, how to order?

From 2010-2015 I transitioned from kit sales to custom builds of my designs. Before that I would offer kits in 100 unit runs to make them economically feasible for me and the buyers. If there was interest in those numbers for production of any of the designs (BlackBird, Raven X, Shock, Phoenix, or ExoTerra) I would do it. But there are usually a max of 20 interested, and it simply costs too much for the buyer and certainly is it worth it to me.

Dave
I don't think I've ever seen the Phoenix or ExoTerra ( I post-date RMR, ROL, RP, etc. ), but pictures I've seen of the others were lovely.

Dave
Hi Dave
Maybe put out a survey and see what kind of intrest in some of the best kits ever built. I will be n7mber 1 in line. Raven X would be a good start.
I still have my fingers crossed

I really wish you guys would quit spending my money. The Viking Princess is beginning to suspect a mistress. I haven't told her she lives under the bed in the rocket room. There is no room ON the bed, as it's covered with rocket crap. Natch, I'd sweep it onto the floor for a ShadowAero kit, but that's just me. Don't even ask about the work benches. Haven't seen those in years.

Hi Dave
Maybe put out a survey and see what kind of intrest in some of the best kits ever built. I will be n7mber 1 in line. Raven X would be a good start.
I still have my fingers crossed

I agree. Can we wait till DEC? I will have a few months of civilian pay to afford them. All kidding aside, I am interested.

Thank you all for the kind words. As I mentioned, I used to do kit runs of 100 units. Until interest gets to that level, it makes very little sense for me to do a run, in smaller numbers the cost would be too high to the buyer and the time involvement for me would make my income negative.

Dave and Bill bought up most of the small FLASH streamers I have in stock, but I have one more left...... and I will have Preston make more of both sizes if there is interest.

-DT

Thank you all for the kind words. As I mentioned, I used to do kit runs of 100 units. Until interest gets to that level, it makes very little sense for me to do a run, in smaller numbers the cost would be too high to the buyer and the time involvement for me would make my income negative.

Dave and Bill bought up most of the small FLASH streamers I have in stock, but I have one more left...... and I will have Preston make more of both sizes if there is interest.

-DT

Back