• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted Shadow Aero Shock rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I have known about Dave's restoration work for years. So your saying there might be hope for some Shadow rockets again someday? I think when Dave's friend Frank passed one he lost intrest in rocketry.
Yeah, Dave was a little crushed. You know Frank lived with him a bit, right? I got one of Frank's shirts and a kryptonite sticker from him, about the time we both decided to settle down from our wild child days. He was offering his "Day of the Dead" rather infamous leather jacket to me in an effort to appear to be civilized. You could never walk into a bar in Tahoe wearing that puppy. Nope! I still have a bizarre Frankenstien 29mm case and three loads I'm afraid to fly, even at an Ex show. Sorry, no links, Dave would just send pics of his latest adventures over the years. We haven't spoken in years, just different circles is all. Maybe he has a website? Funny, never looked. On the odd note, just met the chap that did ShadowAero's mylar flash streamers. Small world, eh?

I always wondered where that material came from.
Rumour is Top Flight may have inherited the material. Don't go smoking me, but if you follow thru, get me one big enuff for a 1.5 lb bird. I don't know the new owners, as I go thru a smaller shop in L.A. for all my custom chutes. Wish I needed Ky's stuff, but that prolly will never happen.

Rumour is Top Flight may have inherited the material. Don't go smoking me, but if you follow thru, get me one big enuff for a 1.5 lb bird. I don't know the new owners, as I go thru a smaller shop in L.A. for all my custom chutes. Wish I needed Ky's stuff, but that prolly will never happen.
I sent Dave an email about the FLASH streamers and he still has some 3" x 72" in stock and they can be ordered through him. Didn't give me a price. :questions:

Last edited:
I sent Dave an email about the FLASH streamers and he still has some 3" x 72" in stock and they can be ordered through him. Didn't give me a price. :questions:
Marty, good to know. I know the chap that sold TopFlight to Preston, so that's how I got my back door info. Haven't talked to Dave in years, perfect opportunity. I suspect I'd need a current email addy for him. otherwise it's an archelogical expedition complete with elephants and gun bearers. Gunga Din, you were a better man than I!

The flash streamer fabric wasn't inherited from Dave. When I owned TFR we had the source and manufactured the Flash Streamers for Shadow Aero.

The flash streamer fabric wasn't inherited from Dave. When I owned TFR we had the source and manufactured the Flash Streamers for Shadow Aero.
I understood that. Maybe I wasn't clear on that. I merely thought if Dave still has some fabbed up, it would be a good excuse to talk to him. Otherwise, TF would be the go to. I believe I actually have some of that fabric I sourced decades ago from an industrial fabric supplier. Never seen it out on the playa.

Marty, good to know. I know the chap that sold TopFlight to Preston, so that's how I got my back door info. Haven't talked to Dave in years, perfect opportunity. I suspect I'd need a current email addy for him. otherwise it's an archelogical expedition complete with elephants and gun bearers. Gunga Din, you were a better man than I!
[email protected]

-Dave Triano

Latest posts

Back