Semi gloss white brush on paint

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tatorbug2112

Reaction score
After Rust-o took over Testors they no longer offer a semi gloss white. I use semi gloss on my scale NASA and other birds. But I can't find a manufacturer or supplier for White Semi gloss in the little bottles.
If anyone knows of one I would be much grateful for the lead?

Thanks Neil, that's my last resort.......
I've done it before, but white is touchy/tricky to get right.

Forgive me but I'm not clear from the note which Testors paint you're looking to match; the only semi-gloss white available in the bottle that I'm aware of is/was the Model Master #2143 RLM21 semi-gloss white. That has an equivalence with Humbrol #130, which is also a semi-gloss, or satin, white. Other than that, it seems gloss white is the alternative, over-sprayed with a satin clear to get the sheen you may be looking for.

In the lacquer world, the choice is not much better. GSI's Mr. Color line has both a gloss and matt white, as does Tamiya's new line of bottled lacquer paints (the LP line). Same for AK Interactive's Real Color line of lacquer paints - gloss and matt. Almost all of these lines feature various clears for over-spraying - gloss, satin and matt. I can't comment on acrylics, as personally I'm not a big fan.

If you're looking for a semi-gloss white straight out of the bottle, maybe give the Humbrol #130 enamel a try, and see how that works. Hope this helps.

Back