• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Selling off the build pile

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Garretson

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I finally have to face the fact that my ongoing mobility issues have gotten to the point that I have to reassess my ability to remain active in this hobby we all so deeply love. Over the years I’ve accumulated over 200 kits, and I’ve decided to begin selling them off – some in lots, some individually. The first bunch is a lot of four North Coast kits that I purchased about a year ago. They are as follows:

Corporal (unopened)

Vektra (opened but complete)

Laser Hawk (unopened)

Bounty Hunter (unopened)

In addition to the four kits, I’m including four North Coast parachutes that I purchased at the same time.

I have stored them in the original corrugated box that North Coast used to ship them to me, so I plan to use the same box to ship them to the eventual buyer.

I am asking $200.00 for the four and I will pay the shipping.

This is the first time that I’ve tried to sell anything on Rocketry Forum, so we’ll see how things go. If it works out ok, I’ll start posting the rest of the kits I have for sale.

Thanks.
Michael Garretson

Changed to sold since you have two offers. Let me know if they fall through.

I finally have to face the fact that my ongoing mobility issues have gotten to the point that I have to reassess my ability to remain active in this hobby we all so deeply love. Over the years I’ve accumulated over 200 kits, and I’ve decided to begin selling them off – some in lots, some individually. The first bunch is a lot of four North Coast kits that I purchased about a year ago. They are as follows:

Corporal (unopened)

Vektra (opened but complete)

Laser Hawk (unopened)

Bounty Hunter (unopened)

In addition to the four kits, I’m including four North Coast parachutes that I purchased at the same time.

I have stored them in the original corrugated box that North Coast used to ship them to me, so I plan to use the same box to ship them to the eventual buyer.

I am asking $200.00 for the four and I will pay the shipping.

This is the first time that I’ve tried to sell anything on Rocketry Forum, so we’ll see how things go. If it works out ok, I’ll start posting the rest of the kits I have for sale.

Thanks.
Michael Garretson
I echo Neil's sentiments. I can sympathize with what you're facing, as I'm confronted with the same issues and don't know how much longer I can continue in this hobby that has fascinated me for so long. Glad you've gotten PM responses so quickly. Best wishes on your health and moving your inventory.

Thanks Rktman. I fell down a flight of stairs back in 2014. Since then things have become progressively worse. I have to use a rollator or walking stick to get around most of the time - depending on how bad things are that day. I also have a mobility scooter that I use at work since I'm a teacher and have to move between multiple classrooms each day. Not fun, but every day that you're above the grass is better than the alternative. I'll be posting more stuff that I hope folks can use, since they're just collecting dust at my place. Take care.

Back