Scratch built LAUNCH! Clusters, Stages and Pictures!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[POW]Eagle159

Reaction score
IT was a good day here in Florida! 6 rockets launched, 5 recovered. 11 engines burned!
First off was the estes Gardian, on an A8-3... Maybe got to tree top level, but got an idea of the winds...,
Or not, next scratch rocket on a B6-4, landed on the top of a tree. 40 ft up.

So we moved to the other side of the field, with better results.
3rd, Scratch built out of a wrapping paper tube, on a C11-3.

Then we moved up to the big rockets...

017.jpg

018.jpg

029.jpg

049.jpg

050.jpg

Last edited:
Next was a scratch with these smoke balls*(bombs is not a good term on a rocket) I got a video of this rocket, I dont know if i will upload to youtube... maybe later. It was a pretty good flight on a D12-3

Then was my clustered 2 stage SAM rocket on 1xC11-0 and 2xA8-3 staged to a B6-2. I got an onboard video also, pretty cool, perfect flight.

One more flight...,

rockets 001.jpg

067.jpg

068.jpg

069.jpg

070.jpg

Last launch was my S.S.L.E Eagle rocket on its second flight. I got a vid of this too.
This time it used a D12-3 and 2xB6-2s in the fall off boosters.

One of the boosters light a little late, so it wasnt connected to the rocket any more... And with 1 fin, it went up 20 feet and twisted around, but the chute some how opened before it hit the ground.

The rest of the rocket went quite straight even with off-axis thrust. The second booster burned out quickly, so it didnt really affect the flight path that bad.

On the first flight I used C11-3s in the booster, That worked really well, but I had a camera on this flight and I wanted less altitude. But the B6s use up most of their power before leaving the pad, resulting in a low altitude when they fall off.

095.jpg

096.jpg

097.jpg

098.jpg

Videos!
[YOUTUBE]CiYZL-efM5U&feature=plcp[/YOUTUBE]

^Two stager...

[YOUTUBE]jJbzuHg6DWM&feature[/YOUTUBE]

^Cluster booster rocket...
Yes I know the video skipped a few frames, At the best part too!

That's cool. I made a couple a long time ago from paper towel tubes, toilet paper tubes etc..built it all from things around the house. You got me thinking about doing it again!

[POW]Eagle159;424749 said:
Last launch was my S.S.L.E Eagle rocket on its second flight. I got a vid of this too.
This time it used a D12-3 and 2xB6-2s in the fall off boosters.

One of the boosters light a little late, so it wasnt connected to the rocket any more... And with 1 fin, it went up 20 feet and twisted around, but the chute some how opened before it hit the ground.

The rest of the rocket went quite straight even with off-axis thrust. The second booster burned out quickly, so it didnt really affect the flight path that bad.

On the first flight I used C11-3s in the booster, That worked really well, but I had a camera on this flight and I wanted less altitude. But the B6s use up most of their power before leaving the pad, resulting in a low altitude when they fall off.

These are great, I especially like this one with the boosters, I'm curious as to how you connect these.

Back