SBR Rocketry?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone know what's up with https://www.fusionrocket.biz? The hosting account is suspended.

I know he sold off at least the motor part of his business (to some guys in Yakima I think. I met them at a launch, nice guys). Did the rest of the business go too?
I will check with Scott tomorrow and see what I can find out, he recently moved to Florida so that may have either disrupted things or something else may be up, I don't know.

Who is the new owner?
I got emails from a guy named "John Lucero" using the fusionrocket email address after I bought an Arrow X from them and the tube looked a bit smashed. I was hoping to buy a few more kits from them but the site is still down and the facebook page is closed.

He made it right, sent me a new tube!

This appears to be the new site:

https://www.sbrocketry.com/

I got emails from a guy named "John Lucero" using the fusionrocket email address after I bought an Arrow X from them and the tube looked a bit smashed. I was hoping to buy a few more kits from them but the site is still down and the facebook page is closed.

He made it right, sent me a new tube!

This appears to be the new site:

https://www.sbrocketry.com/
John bought SBR from Scott afaik.

John bought SBR from Scott afaik.
Yup, I logged in to ask if there were any updates, found this thread, saw the question, answered it. Guy seems nice!

Scott never answered an email I sent earlier in the summer which was a bit of a bummer. I'm guessing he had sold by then so the email went unread or something.

There's some guy on eBay selling a bunch of nose cones who was claiming he's the rightful owner of all those designs, but I couldn't find any information on him other than an announcement here years ago that he had bought some of the designs. Can't remember the name.

I'm really hoping the new guy gets the hojo and 3" Diablo back in stock eventually. New website looks great!

Yup, I logged in to ask if there were any updates, found this thread, saw the question, answered it. Guy seems nice!

Scott never answered an email I sent earlier in the summer which was a bit of a bummer. I'm guessing he had sold by then so the email went unread or something.

There's some guy on eBay selling a bunch of nose cones who was claiming he's the rightful owner of all those designs, but I couldn't find any information on him other than an announcement here years ago that he had bought some of the designs. Can't remember the name.

I'm really hoping the new guy gets the hojo and 3" Diablo back in stock eventually. New website looks great!

A few folks have claimed ownership of those designs.

Noticed the new guy is using my picture for the 1.6" Thor despite it being the 4" one (and an original BSD). Scott at least asked before using it. I just hope he ditches the 3D printed nose cones for the kits that do not need one (Thor, Diablo, Fusion, ArrowX) and the stupid printed couplers.

Noticed the new guy is using my picture for the 1.6" Thor despite it being the 4" one (and an original BSD). Scott at least asked before using it. I just hope he ditches the 3D printed nose cones for the kits that do not need one (Thor, Diablo, Fusion, ArrowX) and the stupid printed couplers.
He may believe he has the rights because he bought the site from Scott would be my guess.

Where would one get a plastic Diablo cone?

Give the new owner a chance to get the stock built up. I would be happy if a rocket of mine made the new site.

He may believe he has the rights because he bought the site from Scott would be my guess.

Where would one get a plastic Diablo cone?
The Diablo, Fusion, ArrowX, and Thor kits all use a simple 4:1 ogive nose cone. LOC sells them if you would like to clone a Diablo or something. Scott used a very odd sized tubing for some unknown reason which probably forced him into printing nose cones, although why not go with the industry standard tube sizes is beyond me. Printed high power nose cones don't work as well as people might think. Sun exposure while it sits on the pad will warp it, it has a higher chance of breaking on impact (had a SBR Scud nose fall from my desk on to carpet and break even after coating it in epoxy as instructed), and if your nose needs a fair amount of nose weight to balance it (Scud, Bomb, and HoJo kits), that's an easy break too.

Last edited:
Those 3D nose cones had some super deep ridges.

I have a couple of their kits. Not all are 3d printed.
The kits from 4 or so years ago had plastic injection moldeded Nosecones mainly in 4", it wasnt until later that Scott started 3D printing nosecones. Personally the ridges are no big deal to me on the 3D printed ones because I can get a great finish by coating with epoxy then sanding and priming as usual. But I have both types of nosecone as well. I am not a fan of 3D printed couplers unless used on rockets 38mm or less.

The kits from 4 or so years ago had plastic injection moldeded Nosecones mainly in 4", it wasnt until later that Scott started 3D printing nosecones. Personally the ridges are no big deal to me on the 3D printed ones because I can get a great finish by coating with epoxy then sanding and priming as usual. But I have both types of nosecone as well. I am not a fan of 3D printed couplers unless used on rockets 38mm or less.
Thanks. That makes sense.

Back