• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold SBR L3 Fusion @ MMWP

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
have you flew it on a L3 motor?
I’ve flown it on a K560.

These don’t hold up well on M motors, they seem to hold up on an M650 but fold over on anything much punchier.

My first one folded over on an M1297 then I personally watched another one built by someone else do the same thing in the same motor.

Would be a nice bird for K and L flights

I’ve flown it on a K560.

These don’t hold up well on M motors, they seem to hold up on an M650 but fold over on anything much punchier.

My first one folded over on an M1297 then I personally watched another one built by someone else do the same thing in the same motor.

Would be a nice bird for K and L flights
Can the short coupler issue (as I understand it) be fixed/removed/extended at all?

Can the short coupler issue (as I understand it) be fixed/removed/extended at all?
Not on a built bird, I’ve got the directions with it if you’re curious you can take a look at it and see why, the couple is short to accommodate his Av bay which design.

To change it you’d have to do so during the build and basically have a completely different top end from Av bay up

I didn’t build this kit as a Level 3 attempt, I’ve already had that accomplished for a while.

After building literally over a hundred rockets and flying everything from As to Ns I liked the look of the kit and I started in cardboard and wanted to get back to those roots for a little bit.

So I spent $400 because I liked it and wanted to like it, I discussed the short coupler with the designer before any flights and he insisted it wasn’t a problem and that it was a proven design on even N flights so i built it stock looking to possibly learn something new figuring maybe he knew something I didn’t.

Anyway back to the sale, I’ll bring it to Airfest this year as well if anyone wants to see it and discuss it in person.

I don’t consider it an M capable bird myself but it might be someone’s cup of tea for K and light impulse L flights. It’s tedious to prep but other than that is very flyable.

Last edited:
Part of the issue here is people unfamiliar with the kit and design making comments.

The coupler in question is secured by SIX plastic rivets. This is NOT a separation point of the kit. It’s how the AV bay secures together.

I got my L3 with a 7.5" Goblin. I guarantee I could build a 7.5 cardboard rocket that would survive a big M no sweat. Guess I am an idiot.
Cool, my L3 was a 7.5” Goblin also, not a huge M but a M-1770 Skidmark

My cardboard 7.5” Patriot has eaten an N, it does have tip to tip glass on the fin can and a reinforced stiffy coupler

Well first of all anyone trying to cert on a cardboard kit in a big m is an idiot. The kit was never built for a big m but folks just can’t comprehend. I’m building one for a n1000 but that buing said it’s being build other than stock. I am after the challamge to prove idiots wrong. It’s been glasses airframe ave bay has Ben changed up the list is long. Scott makes nice kits but that buing said they are cardboard kits and I don’t know if a cardboard kit that will take a big motor and not fold over without adding to the build in strength.

Gary from Aerotech flew a successful level 3 built as stock on the only recommend m motor for this kit.

Still available I’ll bring it to Airfest and/or Midwest power if someone is interested in it.
If it hasn't sold by Midwest Power, I'll take it! I may/may not make it to Airfest this year.

As Jason and others have said, cardboard flies just fine on L3 motors so long as the design is structurally sound.

Back