Rustoleum Colorshift paints FYI

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davidtmp

Reaction score
If anyone is looking to buy these for projects and haven't already, Lowe's in my area(Charlotte, NC) had them on the clearance rack. $12/can, down probably 3 or 4 bucks. The salesperson said they aren't going to carry them anymore, but it could possibly come back as Valspar as they are picking up some of the Rustoleum stuff.
If anyone in the Charlotte area is looking for some, don't go to the Lowe's on University City Blvd, I picked up the 3 cans of purple they had. :) May be a can or 2 of the green.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.......

If anyone is looking to buy these for projects and haven't already, Lowe's in my area(Charlotte, NC) had them on the clearance rack. $12/can, down probably 3 or 4 bucks. The salesperson said they aren't going to carry them anymore, but it could possibly come back as Valspar as they are picking up some of the Rustoleum stuff.
If anyone in the Charlotte area is looking for some, don't go to the Lowe's on University City Blvd, I picked up the 3 cans of purple they had. :) May be a can or 2 of the green.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.......

Thanks for the tip David!

Anyone have a pic(s) of an application of the Rusto brand stuff? I've never used it myself, but love seeing the color sift effect in the bright sunlight on others rockets:wink:

Last edited:
I've used the purple/green on two rockets - a Cobalt and a G-Force. Cool stuff, but a bit pricey compared to solids, and it still needs an undercoat of black. I'll keep an eye on it locally.

Latest posts

Back