RRC2 Question on mach inhibit

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

north boy

Reaction score
Hi everyone, couple of questions about my RRC2. I have the programming of the unit figured out now and it's pretty easy once you get an hour to get it to sink in. On the unit there is a set point to slide left or right. Correct me if I am wrong but left gives a main deploy at 500 ft and right gives a 1000 ft deployment but the set point doesn't change anything else that is already programmed in ???

There is a mach inhibit mode that concerned me slightly with the programming and it gives a delay of 1-31 seconds delay and 0 seconds is 32 beeps. Is it recommended to use this feature to prevent risk of early deployment. I understand the reason for it as once motor burns out and the rocket coasts there can be a rapid loss of propulsion which will possibly give false readings to the RRC2 and deploy. If the motor has a burn time of 1.8 seconds should I program in 3 seconds mach inhibit ???

Don't worry about it if your rocket isn't going to achieve Mach (really anywhere between 0.8 Mach and above). If you are in that range, then yes, set the Mach inhibit sometime after burnout but before apogee.

Hi everyone, couple of questions about my RRC2. I have the programming of the unit figured out now and it's pretty easy once you get an hour to get it to sink in. On the unit there is a set point to slide left or right. Correct me if I am wrong but left gives a main deploy at 500 ft and right gives a 1000 ft deployment but the set point doesn't change anything else that is already programmed in ???

There is a mach inhibit mode that concerned me slightly with the programming and it gives a delay of 1-31 seconds delay and 0 seconds is 32 beeps. Is it recommended to use this feature to prevent risk of early deployment. I understand the reason for it as once motor burns out and the rocket coasts there can be a rapid loss of propulsion which will possibly give false readings to the RRC2 and deploy. If the motor has a burn time of 1.8 seconds should I program in 3 seconds mach inhibit ???

Correct the switch only changes the 500 & 1000' event, As for the Mach delay I usually keep it at 4 seconds but will adjust it depending on the flight.

Thanks for the response guys. I'll set the mach inhibit to 4 seconds unless burn time is more than 3 seconds and the dip switch I'll set to 1000 ft

The profile switch selects between (2) completely independent "collections/profiles" of setpoints, not just the (2) main elevation setpoints... you set which profile is actively used in flight ops or in programming mode via the profile switch.

For example, you could have mach inhibit "disabled" in profile 1 (set at 32), and also have mach inhibit set in profile 2 (in your case, set at 4 seconds), along with unique instances of everything else (main, delays, mode, etc). Once set, you can switch between profiles without reprogramming.

The profile switch selects between (2) completely independent "collections/profiles" of setpoints, not just the (2) main elevation setpoints... you set which profile is actively used in flight ops or in programming mode via the profile switch.

For example, you could have mach inhibit "disabled" in profile 1 (set at 32), and also have mach inhibit set in profile 2 (in your case, set at 4 seconds), along with unique instances of everything else (main, delays, mode, etc). Once set, you can switch between profiles without reprogramming.
So the profile switch does hold different set up instances on the programming ????

I'm going to check that by programming in two different setup's to check as I've had two different answers on here......

Thanks again

So the profile switch does hold different set up instances on the programming ????

I'm going to check that by programming in two different setup's to check as I've had two different answers on here......

Thanks again

Ok I have checked and the profile switch does hold different memory perimeters but just changes the 500 ft and 1000 ft main deploy. This is very handy so you can program it for 2 different rocket applications or motors. Just better remember which way the switch needs to be :)

:p

I had totally forgotten it held the 2 different sets of parameters OTHER than the 500/1000 sorry for any confusion, All my altimeters are permanently mounted so I never needed that option, Meaning I probably wouldn't ever pop the main on my 6"-8" birds at 500'.

It is pretty handy for other applications though.

I had totally forgotten it held the 2 different sets of parameters OTHER than the 500/1000 sorry for any confusion, All my altimeters are permanently mounted so I never needed that option, Meaning I probably wouldn't ever pop the main on my 6"-8" birds at 500'.

It is pretty handy for other applications though.

I agree, I wouldn't dare pop the main on my 3" at 500 ft either but maybe a smaller 1 1/2 " rocket

Latest posts

Back