RRC Beep Code Question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dad Man Walking

Dontree Member
Reaction score
Gentledudes,

I just finishing setting up an RRC3 that I bought last summer. We have flown another purchased at the same time in a different rocket, with the default settings, and the beep codes were as described in the manual for a straightforward DD setup. In the unit I'm working on now, I changed the Audio Options setting to +5, which is a +1 to beep the battery voltage during the pre-launch routine and a +4 to enable the power saver mode after 5 minutes. I made these changes via the RRC3 LCD module.

When doing the pre-flight checks, I am getting a beep pattern that I am not finding in the manual...the sequence goes like this:

(1) 5 second start-up beep
(2) 10 second delay/silence
(3) Battery voltage beep
(4) Short delay
(5) Short beep (high tone) followed by a quieter, shorter low tone beep.
(6) 10 second delay/silence
(7) Continuity checks (e.g., 3 beeps = drogue/main both connected)

I am not finding anything about event #5 in the manual. I recorded the start-up sequence (attached, and enjoy some of the background sounds of my kids playing Xbox One/Call of Duty-Ghosts in the background.)

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

View attachment RRC3 Beeps.zip

Battery voltage is beeped with (2) digits; Volts (pause), Tenths of Volts (pause), followed by a short low tone beep (end of audio value report).

Thanks! Exactly what I was looking for, and I apologize if I overlooked that in the manual.

Back