Rocksim file design 98mm (N5800) What you think?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone attempting an extreme flight should read the works of those who succeeded, not those who failed. AeroPAC succeeded and won the Carmac Prize and fully documented their successful effort in a marvelous report. It's a very good read, and shows how to build a strong, capable composite rocket with surface mounted fins.

A composite N5800 minimum diameter will have to be flown at Black Rock as well. Realistically, any Pro98 6GXL minimum diameter should be flown at Black Rock.

A composite rocket on an N5800 that actually holds together (and isn't unnecessarily weighed down to increase chances of survival) will go high enough to violate any waiver in the country, to my knowledge, except the following: Las Cruces, NM; Brothers, OR; and Black Rock. Of those sites, Brothers is the most comfortable for camping but possibly the least accessible and has a less-ideal recovery area (hilly), Las Cruces has the most frequent launches but is far out of the way and also has a sub-par recovery area (no roads). Black Rock is the premiere location.

Las Cruces has the most frequent launches but is far out of the way and also has a sub-par recovery area (no roads).

Where in New Mexico is this launch site. What club does it belong to? What do you mean far out of the way? I am in Oklahoma and Oklahoma is alot closer to NM then BlackRock which is in Nevada. To me Black rock is premier but its out of the way from my location.

Now that the composites at any cost crowd is starting to admit it, I will come back and also suggest that you build the rocket from nose to tail out of metal. Or don't bother seeking this kind of performance at all.

:pop:

I'm not even sure what to say and where to start...

If you decide to build and fly it make sure you document it well, I'd sure like to see the results.

Latest posts

Back