RockSim - Can you change flight conditions on multiple simulations?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dshmel

Reaction score
I am using RockSim Version: 9.1.4f145 and would like to know if there is a feature that will allow me to reset the launch conditions (wind speed, temp, etc.) for multiple (or all) simulations at once. Currently I find myself changing the launch conditions for each motor simulation one at a time. OpenRocket allows "batch" changes by selecting multiple simulations and then selecting <Edit Simulation>. You then enter the desired launch conditions and hit <Simulate>. All selected simulations are updated with the new values. Can you do this in RockSim?

I know when you change the launch site windspeed, air temp, etc., it saves this for the next time you run a sim. If you were to merely hit "re-run" sims, it does so with the conditions saved at the time the sim was initially run. To reflect the changes you made in in launch site conditions, you'd have to load the motors and run again, I'm pretty sure.

Later!

--Coop

Can you do this in RockSim?

No. Only one simulation at a time can be edited.

I agree. Batch functions are absolutely essential in the simulators these days, mainly because of the hundreds of motor options. That is why the Thrustcurve Motor Guide makes good sense.

Latest posts

Back