Rocksim 9 Question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crow

Reaction score
I have a design file that i moved from rocksim 9 to a external hard drive and saved. I had to redownload the rocksim 9 program after computer problems. I would now like to put that saved design file from the external drive back into the rocksim 9 designs folder and have been unable to get rocksim to recognize the file. I noticed that the file is in a tmp format . i have tryed a couple of different ways to get the saved designs file into the program with no luck.(1) i have copied the file onto the desk top opend rocksim 9... file, import... used both data base and designs path.(2) Renamed the file with rkt at the end of the file per apogee still with no luck. any ideas what i may have to do short of starting all over? Thanks for any info

If you've added ".rkt" on the end, and Rocksim still won't open it, then it is not a valid rocksim data file.

Check on the file by opening it in notepad. The first line should be: <RockSimDocument> . If it does have that as the first line, then the document may be corrupt further down. If it does not, then it's simply not a Rocksim file.

If it's corrupt, you might be able to repair it by fixing the tags (it's an XML document). BUT: It's probably easier just to recreate the design inside Rocsim or re-download it, depending on your original source.

Thanks For your help guys was able to get rocksim to reconize the file in question and get it back into the designs file.....

Latest posts

Back