Rocksim 7.0 Install

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troj

Wielder Of the Skillet Of Harsh Discipline
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone happen to have the installer (or physical media) for Rocksim 7.0?

I have my floppies (!) from 4.0, along with CDs for 5.0 and 6.0. Starting around 7.0, the upgrades pivoted to downloads, and thanks to a past drive failure, I no longer have the 7.0 download, and I'm in need of it.

-Kevin

If you don't mind me asking, why do you need it?

Someone has an old Rocksim file they'd like to look at, and I'm trying to convert it for them.

I can always install an older Rocksim, then manually rebuild in the new, but it's easier if I can just save it as the newer format.

-Kevin

You could try to see if OR can read it, then export back into the new format. Dunno if it’ll work but easy enough to try.

If you don’t want to install OR then you can send me the file and I’ll try it.

You could try to see if OR can read it, then export back into the new format. Dunno if it’ll work but easy enough to try.

If you don’t want to install OR then you can send me the file and I’ll try it.

It's the old pre-XML format, so Open Rocket doesn't know how to read it. I did give it a try, just to confirm.

-Kevin

389 MB, still readable. I can burn it to another CD and mail it I do not have a cloud account. Never liked the idea. Can't access my data if no Internet connection.

389 MB, still readable. I can burn it to another CD and mail it I do not have a cloud account. Never liked the idea. Can't access my data if no Internet connection.

That would be greatly appreciated! It would give me install media for 4.0 through 7.0!

(And for those wondering, yes, I do indeed have a license for this - I've owned it since 4.0)

-Kevin

Got what I needed, and I was able to convert the files.

For those wondering, if you have old version Rocksim files that won't open with Open Rocket or the current versions of RockSim, you need version 7 to convert - the old format is binary, the new format is XML. Version 7 is the only one that can read both.

-Kevin

Back