rocksim 2d vs 3d question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zetoyoc

Reaction score
I downloaded the Screamin Green Meanie rocksim file from Pemtech's website to play around with it before I purchased it. But when i Bring it up in Rocksim 9 on my windows 7 machine I get two different builds depending on how I look at it. in all the 2d views the rocket looks as it should.

rocksim2d.jpg

but when viewed in 3d i get the tube fins rotated to between the fins instead of where they should be.

rocksim3d.jpg

When i go to the rocket component screen everything looks fine. I even tried to rotate the tube fins so they look correct in the 3d view but then the 2d views are off.

So a few questions before I overcome my laziness and try to redraw the rocket from scratch. Which "view" effects the simulation? If I test and fly this rocket as it is will the fact that the 3d view is off so significantly effect the performance in the sim? Has anyone seen this phenomena before? How do I Fix it? other than the obvious, try rebuilding it of course, see previously mentioned laziness :)

Thanks

-Jesse

Don't bother trying to rebuild the file, this was brought to Tim Van Milligan's attention sometime back. When I first discovered this it almost drove me nuts trying to figure out what I was doing wrong. Apparently, in this case, Rocksim 9, 3-D renderings offset the tube and planar fins, from where they are in the 2-D rendering. Our correspondence with Apogee assured us this was a bug and that the flight simulations are based on the 2-D rendering.
Real world flying has shown no anomalous behavior.

Latest posts

Back