rockets....... 0 - 60 mph in ????

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arthur dent

Reaction score
Im thinking of putting together a car sticker for my rather slow 4 door famaily hatchback and i want it to suggest that i get my speed fix from rockets.So i know that 0-60mph will be different depending on rocket-motor combination but what would be a reasonable ball park figure:)

Good idea, John. It would depend on the motor and the rocket, so a slogan along the lines of "My other vehicle goes 0-60 in xxxxx on a G!", might be appropriate. :D

As for what the xxxxx is .... I've no clue! ;)

Originally posted by arthur dent
Im thinking of putting together a car sticker for my rather slow 4 door famaily hatchback and i want it to suggest that i get my speed fix from rockets.So i know that 0-60mph will be different depending on rocket-motor combination but what would be a reasonable ball park figure:)

A minimum diameter on an L730 hits 60 mph in 0.086 seconds

;)

D

i was thinking along those lines " my other cars a rocket" sort of thing
:D
so it generally going to be in the hundredths of a second region.
i just want those **** boy racers who drive 2ft off my backside to have something to think about:kill:

A 29mm rocket with an H275 goes 0-60 in 3 feet (not sure of the time) and 0-mach in 120 feet (.45 seconds)

Originally posted by arthur dent
i was thinking along those lines " my other cars a rocket" sort of thing
:D
so it generally going to be in the hundredths of a second region.
i just want those **** boy racers who drive 2ft off my backside to have something to think about:kill:

The best form of defence is a good offence. Just make them stain their burberry boxers a fetching shade of brown.

You could say "My other car goes 0-350mph in 2 seconds!-it's a rocket!" That would be a cool bumper sticker.

Originally posted by xenon
A 29mm rocket with an H275 goes 0-60 in 3 feet (not sure of the time) and 0-mach in 120 feet (.45 seconds)

Do you have this rocket, any photos ?

''Want to drag see you at the field'' what about that ?

Alex

Didn't they ban window stickers abck in the '80s in the UK?
Given the sad lemming-style fashion, that was not a bad thing.

My personal fastest 0-60 was about .07s for my Deuce's Wild on D13's. I also have a rocket simmed that could do it in somewhat less (<.03s). A typical rocket would probably be in the .3s range (8-9 gees)

Yep. The rocket I have simmed will do 0-Mach 2.3 in .88 seconds (mach in .31 seconds at 183') on an F101. Pretty incredible little motor.

Back