Rocketry_Postal_Contests Yahoo group formed

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjohnson

mox nix
Reaction score
This looks like big fun! And you don't have to be an NAR member or have your FAI contest stamp to participate.

kj

I probably need my head examined for even trying this, but I am going to do it anyway. I have started a Yahoo group for postal contests. It is not my intent to take away members or reduce the post count of [CROC]. :)

Please forgive the length of this post, but as a way of introduction, I am including the Contest Rules below.

I have never owned or moderated a group, so bear with me as I get things started. I will try to keep out spam and spammers as I detest both.

If you are interested, please keep reading.

Thank You,
Terrill Willard
NAR 55192

https://groups.yahoo.com/group/Rocketry_Postal_Contests/
[email protected]
CONTEST FAQ

A postal contest is where all participants fly an event in the same time period in their local area and mail (or email) the results to the contest HQ (this Yahoo group). This arrangement relies on the HONOR of the competitor to follow the rules of the event and the appropriate safety codes. Competitors are welcomed from any city, state, country, or continent.
The contest events sponsored will be those from the National Association of Rocketry (NAR) U.S. Model Rocket Sporting Code (Pink Book), and from the sporting code of the Federation Aeronautique Internationale (FAI) Section 4, Volume SM. Participants do not have to be a member of either group to participate.
These contests will NOT have official sanction of either the NAR or the FAI. Therefore, competitors will not gain "points" toward yearly rankings by either governing body.
Places will be awarded solely on the basis of performance unless blatant rules or safety violations are evident on the part of the competitor. No prizes will be given. Each person agrees to participate for the experience and bragging rights alone.
Places will be awarded in three age divisions as outlined in the NAR Pink Book. (A Division 7 – 13 years old, B Division 14 – 18 years old, and C Division 19 years and older)
There will be no Team Division.
Due to the judging requirements for "Craftsmanship" events such as scale, sport scale, Plastic Model Conversion, etc., it is not practical to hold a postal contest for these models.
Similar difficulties arise for altitude competition. Should an altitude event be planned, only electronic altimeters as approved by the NAR or FAI will be used.
Copies of the sporting codes of the NAR and FAI may be found in the Links section of this group.

CONTEST RULES

1. The competitor must fly the event during the calendar month of the contest and by the rules outlined in the event announcement. Bad weather at your location is always a hazard. So is forgetting an important bit of equipment. Fly by the rules and by the safety code for your country, or do not fly at all!
2. Email your results to the group within 14 days of the end of the contest month. Include the competitor's name, age, location, date, flight time/altitude, and rocket motor(s) used. Please include the manufacturer's name and type code (Estes A8-3, Quest C6-5, Apogee E6-6, etc.) for the rocket motor(s) used for qualified flights.
3. Please post photographs of you and your model at the flying site on the day of your qualified flight(s). These should be placed in the folder with the appropriate month in the Photos section of the group. Photos are encouraged, but not required.
4. Official flights for score must be made on the same day. For multi-round events, all rounds must be flown on the same day. Do not combine flight times from different days to make a composite score.
5. Group members may submit flight results for more than one competitor. Should a group member fly competition events with others in their area, the member may submit results for all flyers. Competitors need not be a part of this Yahoo group. Please submit complete information for each competitor and their qualified flights as outlined in Rule 2 above.
6. This is an HONOR based contest, please respect it.

Latest posts

Back