Rocketry at Seattle Museum of Flight

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nute

Reaction score
Hi all,

We're in Seattle this week visiting family, and we're headed to the Museum of Flight today to see the new model rocketry exhibit! Figured I'd put up some pics later today. Anyone been yet?

Nate

I haven't seen the brand new stuff yet, but MOF is well worth the visit. You get far closer to the planes and rockets than you do in any other museum I've been at.

HEY that's fantastic Nute can't wait to see pictures.
Say HI to your Aunt for us.
Are you going to BEMRC launch on Saturday? :cool:

Last time I was at the MOF was 12 years ago. It's always worth the trip.

I was lucky enough to be there for the dedication ceremony. Narcon 2015 and that event were priceless. I didn't take photos other than a couple cell phone pictures.
It's a great exhibit. Enjoy!

I was there for the dedication of the exhibit during NARCON. It's a great exhibit, but to be honest I was more excited in meeting Vern Estes, Bill Stine, and Lee Piester.

Well, I finally have a chance to upload some pictures. It was tricky to get good ones with the windows right behind the display, but I tried. I think it's a really great exhibit! They really represented rocketry well, and have a good variety of low and high power rockets. The wire display is fantastic, if hard to see (especially, like daddyisbar said, the top ones.) Here are some pictures:

Last edited:
Nice pics.

If you are still in the Seattle area, it's not far to Everett and the AWESOME Boeing plant tour. That tour is amazing. Check it out if you get a chance.

I was there for the dedication of the exhibit during NARCON. It's a great exhibit, but to be honest I was more excited in meeting Vern Estes, Bill Stine, and Lee Piester.
For sure! It was an opportunity of a lifetime for me. My wife came to meet me and ended up chatting with Gleda Estes. Gleda was so nice and very interesting.
Really, it was the "Who's who?" of rocketry. The list of people who built this hobby and continue to make it special was very long.

I wonder why they put the big ones down low and the little ones way up high on the wire display?

I would assume it was a forced perspective thing.
Smaller models up top give the illusion they are flying higher in the air, just like rockets look smaller at apogee.

Back