Rocket Display

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Galt

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
My wife and I have over 200 rockets that have been built and are randomly displayed on our basement floor.
I am looking for ideas on how to consolidate, organize, stack, display, etc.
I would appreciate photos too.
Thank you.

you could go to Lowe's or Home Depot and buy the White shelving boards that are sometimes 12 -18 in deep by 8 ft long and then mount them up on the side walls with brackets. then you can go down through and drill a whole series of holes. this will allow you to run screws up through into pieces of wooden dowel rods that you cut off about two to three inches long of various sizes. that way you can slide Rockets down over the dowel stubs.

Just last night I was thinking about something like this for my larger rockets...
Screenshot_20230112_114538_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I think you can find the single column one pretty cheap at some discount places. I was thinking of using two so it's supported on both ends and rocket direction would alternate to fit more of them.

I use sheets of peg board and 1/2" dowels to build shelves for rockets. For 18 mm and 24 mm spent motor casings are glued to the end of the dowel. I sand a notch in the side of the dowel for engine hook clearance for 13 mm.

Attachments

• IMG_20230112_115924571.jpg
    IMG_20230112_115924571.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 1
My wife and I have over 200 rockets that have been built and are randomly displayed on our basement floor.
I am looking for ideas on how to consolidate, organize, stack, display, etc.
I would appreciate photos too.
Thank you.

I'm not 100% sure how accessible you want the rockets to be quickly vs. what level of display you're looking for. Check out this for an awesome display at the Boeing Museum in Seattle - great display in a big building, but obviously not easy to gain access to fly a particular rocket. . .

http://hararocketry.org/hara/narcon-dedicates-model-rocketry-exhibit-at-museum-of-flight/
Lots of people do hang rockets from their garage ceiling horizontally, sometimes with fishing line or similar and other times using racks. Aesthetically, it works OK for scale air-to-air missiles, as that is their flight profile, but it is less aesthetically pleasing for sport rockets or scale models that fly to space, IMO.

For just organization and functionality with display/theme as a secondary pursuit, I think the ideas already presented are great.

A few people have used pillow stuffing to make it look like rocket exhaust and posted pictures on the forum. The one specific one I'm somewhat remembering was a pretty big rocket in a corner, but I think the idea has been used a few times. Sorry I don't have a link to the one I'm thinking of, but this is the general thought: https://www.rocketryforum.com/threa...cture-no-comments-or-text.166783/post-2153406 . Hopefully someone posts the version that was posted on this forum, as it was cool.

Hope you post a pic or 10 of what you try!

Sandy.

Back