RIP John Bolene

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am Mike Dickinson, and worked for years at Hertz with John. I was the one that shared a high power rocketry magazine I got from my brother when he had me come to a Sooner Boomer launch, and John just took off form there. I was not happy when John was laid off, but like he always did, he took it in stride and went forward. I always wanted to attend his motor building class but never able to find the funding and the time, when he had a class going. I will miss John and his good nature and laugh. My condolences to his family and friends.

My condolences on the untimely passing of John.

My prayers for John, his family, his many friends and fellow rocketeers.

My memories of John started a few years ago when we found ourselves camped next to each other at Airfest in similar motor homes. John was having a few issues with his MH and I was able to assist him in solving the main one at the launch. As older guys will do we found camaraderie in all things rocket, motors, camping and life. My wife and I shared a meal with our new found friend and John was quite the "talker" when he got wound up ...

Since I'm a rocket retread, John brought me up to speed on many things in the hobby and I was fascinated with the fountain of knowledge, motor design and building John shared that weekend. I often times bumped into John over the next few years at various launches either volunteering his time or chasing rockets on his ATV. I will miss seeing John at launches as so many others will.

Fly high John ... Too infinity and beyond sir

Back