RIP Gary Graham / Ambassador Soval

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember him best in the TV series Alien Nation, with his partner Sam Francisco. (Aliens who take human names from famous places or personalities; get chemical burns from salt water; get drunk on sour milk. :barf: ) He will be missed.

I remember him best in the TV series Alien Nation, with his partner Sam Francisco. (Aliens who take human names from famous places or personalities; get chemical burns from salt water; get drunk on sour milk. :barf: ) He will be missed.
If I remember correctly, Detective Sykes (James Caan/Gary Graham) disregarded Sam's chosen name, referring to him as George.

Thanks for posting those videos _ I have not heard of ST Renegades before. It sure has a lot of ST characters - some from TOS, DS9, and Voyager. Only have way to thru, but have not seen anyone from TNG, or Enterprise yet.

Not the best of graphics or sound, but so far, a good story.

Yes, first of all, Alien Nation... A television show about racism and how former slaves are badly treated by modern society. I don't think anything that bold and controversial could be made for television today. Because it was couched as Sci-Fi, you could get away with it like Star Trek TOS "Let this be your Last Battlefield". Kudos to Kenneth Johnson as producer -- but yes, Gary Graham made that work much better than the James Caan movie that didn't quite get to where it was trying to go. The casting was top notch all the way through and I adored every episode. And of course, Fox cancelled it despite a ravenous fan-base. Alien Nation ranks very highly on my list of all-time best TV.

And I immediately spotted him in Star Trek Enterprise, and watched as his character arc went from dismissing Archer as yet another ignorant human to viewing him as a good friend. Gary brought a gravitas to the character that would have otherwise have been missing. I haven't seen the Star Trek fan films yet, but I'm going to have to start going through that in my (dwindling) free time.

Back