REWARD: Information Leading to Return of my L3

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
splattered my FEAR stealth into the river a couple of years ago. The chute (6") sank but snagged on something below the water, holding my rocket stationary until I got to the other side, blazed a path to the river's edge and got it back at METRA. Had it not snagged, I would have never gotten it back. As it was, just had to swap motors and fly it again...

No, but nose cones usually do.

When I first launched my 3" darkstar at URRF, it landed right in the flowing irrigation ditch. Squirrel was out with GaryT and saw it floating down the river and pulled it out for me. Of course this was unknown to me. I ran out there, and was dejected seeing nothing at the last known location. Big white van pulls up and offers me a ride. It didn't have free candy written on it but I said yes anyways. Hopped in and dude! There's my darkstar. "Know anyone who lost a darkstar?" Best recovery moment ever. Said he throught he saw a beaver....then noticed it was chasing a jellyfish.... my 48" iris was fully inflated and pulled the whole shot away at full speed. I'd have never found it.

But yea, nosecone is about all that floats.

Back