Reviewing features of the Giant Leap Rocketry Slimline Retainers

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freddiejojo

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Here is another "infomercial", this time in respect to the Giant Leap Rocketry Slimline Retainers. I tried to answer various questions and clarify the line-up.

Thank you,

Kent/GLR
620-727-09045

[video=vimeo;152097785]https://vimeo.com/152097785[/video]

After using all types of retainers over the years, I like the the snapring type for 29, 38, and 54 the best. I use a pocket knife for easy removal. They are thin walled so you can recess them into a tailcone or bulkhead with very little effort. And the price is right. This is one of GLR must have products. Tim Thomas L3

After using all types of retainers over the years, I like the the snapring type for 29, 38, and 54 the best. I use a pocket knife for easy removal. They are thin walled so you can recess them into a tailcone or bulkhead with very little effort. And the price is right. This is one of GLR must have products. Tim Thomas L3

+1. And with the proliferation of narrower circle rings and shorter thrust ring spacing (Loki, Patell, etc.) you can now fly snap-ring research motors too.

Last edited:
I've been using these for years. They work great, all of mine are the snap ring style. They also make a very nice adapter to go from a 54 to 38 and others. Very simple and secure.

Phil L.

I use these almost exclusively. I wish they still made the Tapered tail cones, I just like the appearance compared to Ogive ones.

I have to agree with Bill. I have a tapered tail cone on one of my rockets, just looks cool. I also prefer that to the ogive style. All of mine are the snap-ring style, I started using those long before the threaded ones came out, just don't see the need to have 2 different types.

Phil L.

Latest posts

Back