Remember when "Bullets bounce off?"

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ksaves2

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Doing house chores I had a flashback in my mind of a T.V. ad that was so flagrantly misleading from the early 1960's I had to look it up.
Did the usual Google search and was led to a "To Tell the Truth" episode from the late 50's or early 1960's. I watched the entire episode and it was extremely interesting as there was a young Johnny Carson on the panel from the early days of T.V. Very entertaining. I recommend to watch the whole thing. A piece of early 60's or late 50's nostalgia.

The tagline for this floor wax ad was, "So tough that bullets bounce off!" Here's the link and for the impatient: The ad starts at around 9:47. Someone supposedly takes a Thompson submachine gun and fires at an aircraft canopy. Ummmmm, Errrrrr the bullets magically "bounce off"?

Talk about deceptive advertising that I remember from my very "youngest" of days. "Oh those were the days my friends. I'd never think they'd end............"

Kurt Savegnago

Latest posts

Back