Red River - HV308 Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dean B

Reaction score
I just finished the Red River Rocketry HV308 Red Spike. It's too bad that Red River isn't producing kits anymore, because this was a really fun one for me. My only complaint is that it came with self-stick decals and not water-slides.

I decided to leave off the motor clip since I prefer to friction-fit motors in minimum-diameter models. The tube / ring fin was a loose fit, so I laminated the inside surface with white card stock. This also gave it a nice white finish to match the exterior color. I finished the model with my usual arsenal of Rustoleum enamels and Future clear.

These days I'm really interested in this type of space-plane design. A Madcow Solar Express found its way under the Christmas tree (It's inexplicable!), so it should be in the works soon.

Red Spike 1.jpg

Red Spike 2.jpg

Last edited:
Great looking rocket Dean. That's the first I've heard of a Red River kit with stickers instead of water slide decals. I'll be sure to mention this thread to John when I see him. Hopefully, his "hiatus" won't be permanent.

Back