R7 Snikk

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjkopena

Rocketship Games
TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
My latest micro-rocket, R7 Snikk, that we've been flying for a bit but I just recently painted:
PXL_20210929_020611277.jpg

Same basic construction as R3 and R4 but a bit bigger at 7" tall yet sleeker with the long nosecone and small fins. Simulation and eyeballing both agree that it flies just a bit higher and faster than those models. Pretty pleased with the simple but (I think) effective paint job above, just rattle canning and then vinyl decals.

PXL_20210906_202856067.jpg

View attachment YouCut_20210907_035340046.mp4

First batch of R7 kits is all ready to go. Aiming to push it out in the next few days once I finally pack the R5 kits and make some web store entries, R6 being also all set for release.

PXL_20211005_005014119~2.jpg

BTW are you going to kit your R2?
And is there an R1?

I am hoping to kit R2 but it'll take some doing. Working w/ BT60 based rockets would be a bit inefficient for me at the moment. E.g., I need to figure out how to efficiently produce (or acquire) that size nosecone. But I've started creating space in my workshop to add some tooling to do so. Goal for maybe early 2022 is to be able to produce kits of R2 and an upscale BT60 R3.

R1 (on left here) is a real simple model I made one evening before a launch so I'd have an 18mm rocket very similar to an ancient Estes Zinger kit my daughter had put together with some help as her first rocket. Partly so we'd both have similar rockets to fly, and partly as backup so we would still have something to do if we lost hers in the trees on its first flight, it got damaged, etc.

PXL_20210206_2047567092-scaled.jpg

My latest micro-rocket, R7 Snikk, that we've been flying for a bit but I just recently painted:
View attachment 484345

Same basic construction as R3 and R4 but a bit bigger at 7" tall yet sleeker with the long nosecone and small fins. Simulation and eyeballing both agree that it flies just a bit higher and faster than those models. Pretty pleased with the simple but (I think) effective paint job above, just rattle canning and then vinyl decals.

View attachment 484347

View attachment 484346

First batch of R7 kits is all ready to go. Aiming to push it out in the next few days once I finally pack the R5 kits and make some web store entries, R6 being also all set for release.

View attachment 484348
Very cool!

These look great. Definitely my favorite of your designs so far. I really enjoyed putting together and flying my R3 so I'll definitely be grabbing one of these.

Any chance you'll be selling your printed rocket stands?

Thanks! And great to hear your R3 has worked well.

Yes on the rocket stands. I need more of them myself, so I've got a personal urgency to finalize some lingering design decisions & make a bunch. My next projects are rocket stands and a 2.0 version of my launch rod adapter. Aiming to have them out sometime in November.

Thanks! And great to hear your R3 has worked well.

Yes on the rocket stands. I need more of them myself, so I've got a personal urgency to finalize some lingering design decisions & make a bunch. My next projects are rocket stands and a 2.0 version of my launch rod adapter. Aiming to have them out sometime in November.
I’m wanting to place an order soon for all your kits, but hoping you get the R1 and R2 done and available as well. To me it seems like something is missing if those aren’t available. Looking forward to the stands as well.

Latest posts

Back