EVENT QCRC Mini Midwest Power May 28-29th

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could have reflown it in the time it would have taken to cobble together the shattered electronics sled with some 6min epoxy, swap over another altimeter, load up ejection charges, and assemble another motor.

Zero damage that would prevent flying it again, just some frayed fiberglass edges is all. That can be cleaned up with a file, sand paper and some 6min JB Weld. Nothing structural was damaged.

I REALLY like flying fiberglass after this weekend. Last year at MMWP, my Minie Magg and Iroc both got their chutes tangled and came in flat. Both had decent damage that required new sleds, fin/airframe repair with glass/epoxy, and a partial and full repaint. The Iroc that was repaired and got a new paint job was the Glory to Ukraine tribute rocket I flew on Saturday. If they would have been fiberglass, I could have dusted them off and reflown them same day.
Yeah I agree whole heartedly.... I've got a lot of glass that sees some pretty harsh banging around and takes the next load after a quick knocking off of the mud! The paper I hope for 4-6 flights. I'm really looking forward to flying my 1st MAC canvas bird and notching some flights to test those waters. Cool material for sure.

Back