EVENT QCRC Mini Midwest Power May 28-29th

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jd2cylman

Still not Carl... ;-)
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
So, once again QCRC is hosting Mini Midwest Power May 28-29th. 9am to 4ishPM both days (unless you bribe the Prefect to stay later... ;) ). 15,000 ft waiver.
Flo's food truck will be onsite both days. Who knows, I might even fly a rocket or two...:rabbitdontknow:
And Saturday night after the launch, there will be a gathering at the Wildman's. Home of Wildman Rocketry MFG and whoosh generators galore.
Wildman's is considering a catered prime rib dinner if we get enough interest. Cost would be around $20.00 per person but we need solid numbers. QCRC will supply sodas and water.

Last edited:
Lets pray to the weather gods.

Prepping lots of rockets right now. Got an order coming in from Mark at Stickershock. Got an order in to Cris and Eggtimer. Got an(other) motor order at Tim and Jackies to pick up. Got (3) rockets in the garage with their final coats of paint drying from tonight.

So much to do.

What is everyone flying???

My plans.....:
Extreme Wildman on an M1297W
Wildman Demon 150 on an L2500ST
LOC Iroc cluster on a J570W + 6xG74W's with a very special theme
Madcow Nike-Apache on an I599N to a G138T
Wildman Mach 2 on a J180T
Jason Griffins old 5" Jart on a J800T
Maybe my 38mm Big Daddy on an H242T and/or the 29mm Big Daddy on a G104T

If I fly half of that, I will be impressed!!!

Last edited:
My boys and I will be there. Planning on bringing 3" Mac Arcas with a J-275. Wildman Drago 4 XL with a K-456. And maybe Drago 5XL with a large L of some sort, maybe. It's my L3 cert rocket that could use a test flight on a L before hand.

And looking forward to the food truck! LOL! Why does fling rockets make me so hungry?

Hope to see everyone there.

I'm not sure what I'm going to put it in, but I've got a K480 sitting here. The K480 is my favorite K in the 54mm Aerotech lineup. And, against my better judgement, I've got another L1940x on order. That load in the 5" Goblin was just waaay too insane - have to do that again :)

I'm not sure what I'm going to put it in, but I've got a K480 sitting here. The K480 is my favorite K in the 54mm Aerotech lineup. And, against my better judgement, I've got another L1940x on order. That load in the 5" Goblin was just waaay too insane - have to do that again :)
LOC GOBLIN :p

I saw your order about an hour ago.....I know your secrets..... 😄

I am liking what I am seeing so far. Lots of nice big projects and flights and when you have that, there is lots of other smaller awesome infill flights.

As long as the weather stays away, its going to be an awesome weekend of flying, thats for sure.

Announcing the Mini Midwest Power Banquet!

QC Rocketry and Wildman are pleased to announce the Mini Midwest Power banquet on Saturday, May 28th at 8pm! The banquet will be held at Wildman’s. There cost is $20 per person. Here’s the catch, club members will get a $20 gift certificate for Wildman Hobbies at the banquet! Thank you, Wildman!!

The menu will be prime rib, mashed potatoes and salad along with all the rocket talk you can take (the rocket talk is free 😉).

To sign up, send [email protected] $20 via PayPal by Wednesday, May 25th. Please note: When you send the $20 to Tim, please include your name so we know who you are.

See you there!

I've spent the last 4 days painting, blocking, sanding, painting, color sanding, and installing StickerShock products on (4) birds.

My back is killing me at this point but......I think there is an end in sight.

Doing 2K clear on (4) rockets tonight, laying fillets, and continuing to load ejection charges.

So......much......work......

Why do I always underestimate the amount of work to do and then procrastinate on top of it!?!??!?! o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O:mad::mad:

I am liking what I am seeing so far. Lots of nice big projects and flights and when you have that, there is lots of other smaller awesome infill flights.

As long as the weather stays away, its going to be an awesome weekend of flying, thats for sure.
Forecast is looking pretty damn good so far

I've spent the last 4 days painting, blocking, sanding, painting, color sanding, and installing StickerShock products on (4) birds.

Doing 2K clear on (4) rockets tonight, laying fillets, and continuing to load ejection charges.

Why do I always underestimate the amount of work to do and then procrastinate on top of it!?!??!?! o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O:mad::mad:
p.JPG

I got some prep in yesterday. Glued my grains, checked over the L3 airframe, made sure my CP's are marked on my rack o rockets according to the code change, charged up the Marco polos and run cams.... Had a big oh **** when I couldn't find my 98/75 adapter. Thank gawd for Tim being a click away and having stock!

Attachments

• PXL_20220523_193534654.jpg
    PXL_20220523_193534654.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20220523_193619265.jpg
    PXL_20220523_193619265.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20220523_193612533.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220523_193612533.MP.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20220523_193710269.jpg
    PXL_20220523_193710269.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20220523_201937349.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220523_201937349.MP.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20220523_201732197.jpg
    PXL_20220523_201732197.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 0
I got some prep in yesterday. Glued my grains, checked over the L3 airframe, made sure my CP's are marked on my rack o rockets according to the code change, charged up the Marco polos and run cams.... Had a big oh **** when I couldn't find my 98/75 adapter. Thank gawd for Tim being a click away and having stock!
Want me to bring an Aeropack 98-75 adapter as back-up, or you good?

NOTAM called in.
We’ll be setting up late morning / afternoon Friday. And we might be able to “test the system” ;) ;) afterwards.

I'll be there on Sat, weather permitting. Unless jd2cylman makes loud noises and scares me away. Bringing the 2 stager, 4" punisher on an EX K700 motor. Maybe other stuff.

So, we'll be broadcasting on 93.1 FM for those not close enough to the PA for the launch this weekend. (I think that's the right frequency)

Latest posts

Back