EVENT QCRC May 1st Club launch

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jd2cylman

Still not Carl... ;-)
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
So.... I'm startin early this time. :cool:
Saturday April 30th is the next Club launch for QCRC. 9a to 4p weather permitting. What cha got ready? My WM 5" Goblin has been prepped for a while and has been whispering to me that it'd like to see some sun and sky. I have a K780R for it to wander off the rail on.
Oh, yeah, @pnobile, if you come down to violate the skies with an awesome sparky motor, remember to come see me. I've a motor case and closures of yours still floatin about the car.
So, setup starts when I drag my sorry a$$ out to the field (usually around 8:30ish). Teardown starts when no one wants to fly anymore... or I hear my mom callin ;)

Hoping to get the Demon 150 into the air on its maiden flight on a K1999N that someone is going to sell me. :cool:

I also have my Mach 2 that I just finished building and also finished building 29mm and 38mm slip fit motor adapter/retainer assemblies that I want to try out on some smaller power loads.....maybe an H or something, no idea. Need to borrow Justins launch tower for this one.

I have my Madcow Nike-Apache that I just finished and might try my first shot at a HPR 2-stage flight on an H669N to an F40W or a G64W. Should be a fast and low flight with those motor combos. Will ask for the far pads.....juuuust in case!

I also have a 29mm and a 38mm Estes Big Daddy's that are nearly complete that I could try and fly.

If I get (2) of any of these into the air, I will be extremely impressed!!

Thanks Adrian for the reload and thanks to Gary for the handoff tonight and the good chats!!

Gary, your Pershing has me planning a new project now.....what we talked about......should be good.

Now we just need the weather to play nice next Saturday!

Pic of the Demon in the dark because......forgot the flash. Ejection test in the morning to wake up the neighborhood. :)

20220423_235925.jpg

20220423_235905.jpg

20220423_235858.jpg

20220421_201110.jpg

Love the K1999! Making me wonder if I have time to prep one more before next weekend.....

Right now I have Motor Eater 2 ready to go with a K550 for a shakedown flight. Also dusted off Bruiser for a special appearance on a K550 as well.

So, it’s been brought to my attention that the weather on Saturday has the possibility of being less than ideal.
I’ll wait until Wednesday to look at the forecast again. Then I’ll post here and on the FB page if we want to change to Sunday. All input on this will be welcome.

The L1940 uses the SS forward seal disk, but I'm switching over to use the SS seal disks anyway since they're easier to clean. This one didn't call for grain bonding.

Sat looks sh1t still. Sunday looks to be windy......19mph in the forecast.

Does someone hate us?

So.
The weather looks lousy for Saturday and less lousy for Sunday.
I’ll give it one more day and make a decision tomorrow late afternoon.
However, “she who must be obeyed” (SHMBO), has made plans for me on Sunday. I’ll call in the waiver and all that, but won’t be there.

So…. Friggen weather.
We’ll see what tomorrow brings and make a decision tomorrow afternoon.
Club members will get a email tonight and tomorrow night. All others, check back here or at qcrocketry on book of faces…

Breezy and low cloud deck.

Thankfully both the Demon and the Nike-Apache are slated to stay below the expected clouds. Both are flying on Warp9 so should be good to go with a little wind.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow..... anyone coming that has an extra J1299 they'd like to get rid of? Trying to stay under the clouds and Tim shows out of stock.

So, how did it go? Inquiring minds wanna know…

The Ultimate Bloody Mary's at Flo's in Peru were amazing!!!

So was the K1999N!!!

We got hit by driving showers around noon and ran for the hills. It was pretty miserable out, everyone hiding in Tim's trailer for the most part. Decent time though. The Demon 150 dug up about 40lbs of quality Bureau County loam after being dragged 500' by its chute. I could be seen chasing it, coffee in hand.....it was a sight.

Back