Proton-M

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by Rocketcrab
Now that I re-read that, I guess thats somewhat out of line to ask the guy that. I don't want to overwhelm him. My apologies to all.
You are not out-of-line. Your intentions were good. And besides, we all want some of those excellent fiberglass body tubes. ;) You stated what we were all thinking.

Bryan does excellent work. All I can say is Wow.

Originally posted by Brayn
The center of gravity on this rocket it is located in 300 mm from nose.
Without fins to a rocket I fly very exactly and steadily very much was surprised and before the start very much doubted of flight of a rocket. [Snip]
Bryan,
How tall is the rocket? What is the overall height of the model?

And as Bob (BobH48) and Jason (jjnodice) both know, the Proton will fly nicely without fins. The strap-on boosters provide sufficient drag to help with overall stability.

Originally posted by Mike_BAR
Bryan,

And as Bob (BobH48) and Jason (jjnodice) both know, the Proton will fly nicely without fins. The strap-on boosters provide sufficient drag to help with overall stability.

Hey Mike,

Don't forget Drew Tomko's (dtomko) excellent Proton-Zond. I've been expecting him to chime in here, but he hasn't yet.

Drew_Tomko_Proton_Zond

Jason

Originally posted by Rocketcrab
Brayn - Years ago I had read that model rocketry in Russia [the USSR at the time] was almost exclusively FAI competition rocketry. We've seen many, many photos of these models, in particular the S6A, S3A, and S4B models, and of course the beautiful Soyuz scale models. Is this still true? Your models appear to be what we call "sport models". You have mentioned the availability of motors and parts. Can you tell us [well, me at least] what the status of model rocketry is in Russia today?
In Russia sports rocket models are still alive. Pass various ñîðåâíîâàíÿ in different classes. There are also new classes. And I know competitions about sports rockets a little. I am engaged in experimental models of rockets and sometimes models copies. Rockets which take part in competitions are very uninteresting and in them there is no creative potential, there is no development. This my personal opinion.

Originally posted by Mike_BAR
Bryan,
Full length of a rocket the Proton-M of 575 mm, diameter of 41 mm. Height of rise approximately 200 meters.

It is my experimental rocket "Kasatka" ("Êàñàòêà") with two parallel engines.

Back