PROLINE ROCKETRY HIGH END KITS AND COMPONENTS

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gary T
Preston Nobel flew one of your D3 kits this weekend at ThunderStruck with one of this motors. It flew just great. Very good looking kit. VERY VERY nice fins for the ARCAS.
gp

Here's a pic of our prototype fin for our full scale ARCAS. Each fin is precision CNC out of a solid piece of aluminum just like the original ARCAS, a first for commercially available kits.

More details and pics to come.

View attachment 124647 View attachment 124648

Wow; I mean really wow!

When can I have one?

Gary, will the Arcas come with a filament wound Arcas cone, or the previously available molded cone?

-Eric-

Gar,
Yeah Preston got the Dom3 a while back,if he or anyone else has pics I'd love to see them.

Eric,
The ARCAS will most definitely have the a Filament would nose cone. The booster section that has the boat tail will also be all one! piece of G12. The fins are bolt on and self aligning just like the original.

Gary,

Will you have any of these parts available for viewing at Red Glare? I'd love to see them.

Dan

No unfortunately I won't have any parts with me. I will have a DOMINATOR 3 for a raffle prize though, hope you bought some tickets? If not don't worry Bob will badger into buying some lol.

No unfortunately I won't have any parts with me. I will have a DOMINATOR 3 for a raffle prize though, hope you bought some tickets? If not don't worry Bob will badger into buying some lol.

Oh yeah, I bought some. If I win the D3 can I hand it back to you in exchange for an Arcas? :cool:

(joke!)

Last edited:
SEND ME THE MONEY FOR THE GIZMO XL DD KIT.

tumblr_m454047OhW1qalip2o1_500.gif

@Patelldp I wish I could "Like", +1 or whatever on that.

AT any rate, I can see a dominator 4 in my future but I really don't do too much on the scale side of things so Ill just watch others for the most part.

OK BEFORE this gets out of hand... I have NO IDEA who CELERITAS is???? ProLine owes NO ONE any money or any products, I Personally do all the shipping and will ONLY take payment on a product I actually have IN my hands.

The Gizmo XL DD is a Wildman kit, NOT!! a ProLine kit, Why CELERITAS would post such a thing in a ProLine thread is beyond me?? Once I saw this I immediatelyly PM'ed him to see what was going on. I've got No reply as of yet.

Last edited:
Hello All
About the post from Celeritas I can tell everyone that his post had nothing to do with Gary T from Proline Rocketry. This guy is trying to sell me his Gizmo DD kit. I am looking to build a V2 and we talked about useing the Giz for parts for a V2 project. This for sure was not the place to leave me a message. Gary T is a great guy and no need to get something started. So its cleared up and over.
Thanks
Gary
TFRLLC

Yeah, this is, I'm pretty sure, my first post. I do, however, read around on these hear forums quite a bit. I don't have that 'high post count cred,' but I feel compelled to add to this thread.

I do own a Dom4 R2. And I've gotta say Gary was nothing short of absolutely fantastic to deal with through both a long, fairly complicated email chain and on the phone. His packaging is on par with the best I've seen; the kit was CLEAN, didn't even need rinsing, all parts individually wrapped. My kit came without an avbay sled, (sh...stuff happens) and it was in my hands (even after I told him it wasn't a rush) three days later... from CT to CA, mind you. Our phone call, when sorting the sled issue, ended up being 15-20 mins or so, just bs'ing about motors.

Yep, I was warned, by multiple people, about the past. But this is now. Gary won't sell it if he doesn't have it. (I tried) If he does have it, expect a great vendor experience.

And yes, Gary, pics will be coming, just gotta get to build steps worth sharing!

Agreed. I have bought every kit he has produced since proline opened. I can't wait for the ARCAS and V2.

I am not sure I will keep the pace going for the Carbon Fiber kits.

Dave
Thanks for the kind words. CELERITAS post couldn't have been any more misunderstood but I guess some people still believe that if its on the Internet it has to be true?

Now back to rockets! Yes its taking a bit longer than expected to get the ARCAS and V2 out but we are! making head way. The ARCAS is not your standard build, with its CNC bolt on aluminum fins and integrated boat tail and booster allot of planning has to go into it. Developing the manufacturing proses to net you a perfect product with the least amount of waste and to do it in the least amount of time takes some planning.

Thanks for waiting and soon as I have more info I'll be sure to post.

Arcas-Aluminum-2.jpgArcas-Aluminum-3.jpg

Dave
Thanks for the kind words. CELERITAS post couldn't have been any more misunderstood but I guess some people still believe that if its on the Internet it has to be true?

Now back to rockets! Yes its taking a bit longer than expected to get the ARCAS and V2 out but we are! making head way. The ARCAS is not your standard build, with its CNC bolt on aluminum fins and integrated boat tail and booster allot of planning has to go into it. Developing the manufacturing proses to net you a perfect product with the least amount of waste and to do it in the least amount of time takes some planning.

Thanks for waiting and soon as I have more info I'll be sure to post.

View attachment 127225View attachment 127226

The fins look great. I think the kit will be much better than the original kit. I have been flying the original Performance Rocketry ARCAS for about 10 years on J and K reloads. It just loves K550s. Paint is really starting to come off the fin can and it could use refinishing though. LOL.

I was really partial to the black tailcone and bulkplates with the silver tip nosecone. The lettering was flourescent green, matching the color on the chute that could be ordered seperately...

Johnnie:
That can be done. When your ready send me an email and we'll make it happen for you.

Gary do you have details on the Arcas Booster? How long is the MM and in which diameter?
thx

Denis
The ARCAS is full scale so the diameter is 4.5" The booster length is still TBD but will most likely be 52" long. The tail cone is also integrated right into the booster so its all 1! piece, another 1st for rocketry.

How's this for sexy!
Arcas-Aluminum-6_zpsec69b4f5.jpg

Arcas-Aluminum-4_zps841b641a.jpg
Arcas-Aluminum-5_zps4f54bdaf.jpg

Gary this is beautifull Artwork :)
Any estimations on empty weight and recommended motorisation? Obviously above J right?
Thx
Denis

Denis
I just realized you asked about the MM... Its a 54mm MM and is 24" long. Finished weight with everything but the motor will probably be around 15lbs.

Back