Program for ripping dvd-non illegal

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highrolla7

Reaction score
Hello all,
This may sound kind of shady, but just wanting to know if there is a program or tool of some sort that can burn part of a dvd to my hard drive. The reason is because I took video of my L1 flight with a video cam that used 8mm tape. I transferred it to dvd via a dvd recorder that hooks up to my tv. Is there a way I can burn part of the dvd to my harddrive? I would like to have a digital copy of it. I know of Nero, I have dvd decrypter and dvd shrink for backups of my movies. Thanks

If you burned the DVD yourself, its probobly not encrypted (if something as weak as CSS deserves to be called 'encryption'), so you wouldn't have to worry about the DMCA encryption breaking laws, and its your video anyway, isn't it?

VLC is a free, open source, media player with support for many diffrent formats, and also has the ability to convert media files into other formats - including ripping DVDs to media files. I've never used the ripping feature, so I can't say how well it works, though. To use it go to the 'Wizard' item in the file menu.

thanks, I 'll give it a try! Yes, it is my dvd that I made.... Take care!

If you took the video you have complete rights to copy, burn, download, or distribute is as much as you want. Is DVD Decrypter illegal now? I think I read that a company purchased it and wants all copies to be removed from mirrors.

I just checked... It is gone. You can probably find it somewhere (I might even have a copy. I'll have to check my old computer sometime.)

Edit:
You can still download it here:
https://www.free-codecs.com/download/DVD_Decrypter.htm

Back