Praying for Waukesha...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah,
Am in Illinois. I try hard to be good and to not speed when driving. Have no issue here but I am aware the legal situation in the state can be a legal morass.
Kurt

We have dear friends who live in the Alton area,and I've shot nationals near Quincy.... We love IL, as long as you stay away from Chicago and Springfield.... Come to the conclusion that the rest of the state is held hostage by those places. :)

Hey Clay,

I dearly wish you were wrong about that, the rest of Illinois being held hostage by Chicago and Springfield, but it is true. The democratic machine perfected by Mayor Daley back in gthe 60's is still in power and still controls politics here in Illinois, by controlling Chicago and Springfield. Everythings else politically revolves around Chicago. The gerymandering in this state is amazing. Its hard to believe that in a state where roughly half the registered voters are Democrats and the other half are Republicans, and its been that way for at least 50 years, that the congressional delegation from Illinois' 18 congressional districts has been roughly divided into 13 permanent Democrat districts and 5 republican districts. And both our Senators in Washingtron D.C. are Democrats. If you look at an Illinois state map by county and which party has the majority, you'd think that Illinois is completely Republican, outside of Chicago and Springfield, and yet the state is controlled by the Democratic party.

it's sad.......
Brad

Same thing here in Nevada. 20-30 years ago the state was republican . Vegas had 200 000 people. Now Vegas and Clark county have over 2 million and growing. Clark county votes democratic and the rest of the state votes republican. But the rest of the state is maybe 200 000 people. So the state is now democratic.

We have dear friends who live in the Alton area,and I've shot nationals near Quincy.... We love IL, as long as you stay away from Chicago and Springfield.... Come to the conclusion that the rest of the state is held hostage by those places. :)

You are so correct its not even funny. Illinois is a great place for all things, as long as you are not in Crook County, Springfield, or the City of Sh!tcago.

You are so correct its not even funny. Illinois is a great place for all things, as long as you are not in Crook County, Springfield, or the City of Sh!tcago.
Much the same in PA, and from what I can see, it's getting more typical nationwide... Rural folks are more conservative/right leaning, liberals/left leaning tend to be in the cities. Well, I guess 1 vote/person is a good ideal - except I've always heard the motto in Chicago is "Vote early and vote often!" or "Be sure to cast your ballot - dead or alive!"

Latest posts

Back