Pratt Hobbies domain problems: now pratt-hobbies.com

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pratt-hobbies

Reaction score
Hi, guys, this is Doug Pratt, under a new account because I can't access my old email. Last Tuesday my domain, pratthobbies.com, was sold to a company that auctions expired domains. I had it registered under DirectNIC for over 24 years, and never got around to transferring the registration to my current hosting company. So when my Amex card number changed and they couldn't bill me for renewal, and they didn't have a current email address (although anything to @pratthobbies.com would have reached me, they had my old CompuServe address and never tried anything else) the domain expired and went up for grabs. It's all perfectly legal and it's my own fault; don't let it happen to you.

So while I'm hoping to get the domain back some day (it hasn't even come up for auction yet) in order to stay in business I'm working to set things up at a new domain, pratt-hobbies.com. It's taking longer than I thought, so don't expect to see a web site there for a couple of days. However, the email is working fine, so any inquiries directed to [email protected] will get through.

I'll appreciate it if you'll spread the word to anyone who wonders if I got run over by a truck or something.

See you at NYPOWER!

Best, Doug Pratt

Whew! Glad to hear from you Doug! My old GoBox has a few thousand miles on it and still going strong. It's indispensable for ground testing. Thanks for the great products. Keep up the good work.

I updated all (I think) of the links at RocketReviews.com. Links from the archive site (archive.rocketreviews.com), unfortunately, are harder to update. But, I'll work on it when I get the chance.

-- Roger

Thank you both very much. Still don't have a website up at www.pratt-hobbies.com, but that should get resolved this morning. I hope. Interesting time for this to happen, right through the weekend of my daughter's college graduation. I would have preferred to hang out with Valerie, rather than working with Internet service providers all day long. Life never gets dull around here. Good thing I had a couple of rockets ready for NYPOWER.

Can the website be rated?
I have FortiGuard Web Filtering and without a rating it does not get through.
Thanks
Greg

The link in the Resources thread here now points to the new site.

-Kevin

Back