Power Perch Mounting - Barometer/transducer clearance?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MountainRocketeer

Reaction score
I am flying tomorrow, so I hope this is an easy quesion. I just finished mounting my power perch in an electronics bay. I noticed that the back of the Raven sits directly against the sled, and the round silver device under the Raven is in contact with the board. Is that the barometer/pressure transducer?

If it is, do I need to drill a hole in the sled to allow air pressure to reach the diaphram? I guess I could put spacers under the Perch and the Raven, but that does not seem to match the pictures I have seen.

Last edited:
What I'd do is drill a hole about the same size as the sensor (silver circle), but offset from it. You don't have to drill all the way through the board, though you certain can.

That way, you make sure that the baro sensor is exposed to atmospheric changes happening around it.

-Kevin

I just use the middle/spacer part of 3 piece rail buttons as a spacer....

I would drill a hole smaller than the circular sensor, but all the way through. But depending upon what material the sled is, you may not need anything to aid airflow.

So little airflow is required to equalize the pressure under the sensor that I think you'd have to seal it on purpose in order to see an effect. But the sensor is somewhat fragile, so you don't want to support the board with it. The spacers that come with the Raven work fine for that.

Latest posts

Back