Poor kitty, Grandma never gets his name right

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeus-cat

Reaction score
We have a cat named Plato, but my mother-in-law (his grandma) never gets his name right. She is here for the weekend and she spent most of Friday night calling him Pluto or kitty-kitty. Fortunately, the cat is not easily offended. She's always been terrible with names; she refers to Wal-Mart as Wal-Mark. At least she gets my name right.

My grandma always called me "Butch".

Butch was my brother's dog....

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

Someone I know got a kitten that had been named "Teddy" . After awhile, they decided to call him "Baxter".

I call him "Teddy Baxter".... because....

baxter5.gif

For those born too late, Google Mary Tyler Moore show, or Ted Baxter.

- George Gassaway

It's funny, as I clicked on this Thread, the Sears Optical Commercial where the Lady thinks a Racoon is her Kitty came on the TV.
My old Mom, who also has ailing Sight, once tried to pick up a Skunk on her Porch, thinking it was her Black and White Cat!!!
As she was reaching for it the Cat jumped up on the Porch, and she realized the Skunk was not her Cat. Turns out the Skunk and the Cat would hang out on the Porch together, and seemed to not mind each other. My Mom feeds Birds, and keeps her Bird Seed Cans on the Porch, so that's why the Skunk hung out there.

I went through my senior year in high school with a teacher calling me Brett instead of my name Brent. Everyone always asked why I didn't correct her, I just thought it was funny.

Someone I know got a kitten that had been named "Teddy" . After awhile, they decided to call him "Baxter".

I call him "Teddy Baxter".... because....

baxter5.gif

For those born too late, Google Mary Tyler Moore show, or Ted Baxter.

- George Gassaway

For those unfamiliar with this classic newsroom sitcom, Ted Baxter was THE ORIGINAL Ron Burgundy. In fact, they named the dog "Baxter" as a salute to Ted Baxter.

My little buddy doesn't seem to like his "official" name Ozzy....he won't respond to it at all. I did get lucky and call him "kit-cat" one day...and he perked his ears, meowed and came running. He only responds to Kit-Cat and will come running from anywhere in the house when I call him. I work from home full time so we're pretty bonded. He seems to always be within 10' feet of me. Even if he's sacked out on the couch, if I go into the bedroom he's not far behind. I got him a bit young at just 5 weeks, but he was a feral litter rescue from the local shelter. He's going on 10 months now.

image.jpg

image.jpg

why name a cat they only come to the sound of a can opener
That's true, but only if you feed your cat canned food. After having several over the years, trained to respond to ANY can opening.... we finally got smart and started the current cat solely eating dry food. Now, he ignores our cooking, and only whines if her bowl goes empty or she needs more fresh water...or wants to go out.

But your point is well taken....

We have a cat named Plato, but my mother-in-law (his grandma) never gets his name right. She is here for the weekend and she spent most of Friday night calling him Pluto or kitty-kitty. Fortunately, the cat is not easily offended. She's always been terrible with names; she refers to Wal-Mart as Wal-Mark. At least she gets my name right.

Gee, that's a shame, Suez... at least she gets your name right, eh?

She ended up just calling him Dusty (Plato) and one of the other orange cats Rusty (Aristotle). She ended up calling Jax, Jack. She never called the fourth orange cat (Socrates) anything.

Back