Poll: !! FlisKits Best Rocket Competition: October Odd Rocks!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forgot totally about this. I'm kinda surprised there are so few entries. I personally cast mine for Nickc's Pie in the Sky. Awesome concept.

Im sure when this global economic recession has recovered there will be alot more building going on. 100USD = 180NZD, couple of weeks ago it was more like 120NZD

The whole of Trf has been rather slow. Not as many build threads either.

There's the economy, elections, school back in session, ect. ect.

Guess theres a slow cycle to rocketry as well?

Makes winning cool prizes easyer!:D

The whole of Trf has been rather slow. Not as many build threads either.

There's the economy, elections, school back in session, ect. ect.

Guess theres a slow cycle to rocketry as well?

Makes winning cool prizes easyer!:D

I think you see less build threads because people feel why bother when you have 200 views and no comments.

It is sort of late to enter, but here goes.

I looked around for some Halloween items at a “Dollar Store” and got $2 worth of main parts, a big green plastic “Frankenstein’s Monster” head as a cup, and an orange Jack-O-Lantern for the nose.

For recovery, the nose section also used the same type of Pumpkin bag chute chute that the main body did.

FWIW - Stability was calculated by “GeorgeSim”, using the T.L.A.R. feature (That Looks About Right).

Powered by a D12-3. Flew quite well.

- George Gassaway

Attachments

• IMG_5220-s.jpg
    IMG_5220-s.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5221-s.jpg
    IMG_5221-s.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5224-s.jpg
    IMG_5224-s.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 0
I think you see less build threads because people feel why bother when you have 200 views and no comments.

I'd rather see good build threads with few comments than threads with 250 one word posts from people saying "COOL!!11!!1! :pPP"

kj

I wonder if the pie would fly a bit better if you sliced yourself a bigger piece?

(The posted design is definitely cool, but it looks like it has a rather low aspect ratio---)

I wonder if the pie would fly a bit better if you sliced yourself a bigger piece?

(The posted design is definitely cool, but it looks like it has a rather low aspect ratio---)

I would have loved a larger slice, but I’m watching my figure… The length of slice has grown from recipe to recipe (approx 1” per), and may need to grow some more. I would like to get the gliding aspect of the design to work, but don’t have much experience with lifting bodies.... of the flying type that is!

Maybe, if there is a 4th recipe, I will have to start a thread to help develope the design further and elliminate the need for a chute.

Thanks

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou....

I would like to thank the academy.... sorry, wrong speech.

I would like to take this moment to thank my son for his original idea for a 'pie' inspired rocket, my wife and other son for listening to me rambling on during the build, and to all those who participated and voted.

:star:

Just to let everyone know, I recieved my prize from Fliskits last week.. the appropriately named "Decaffinator", I only drink de-caf coffee! How did they know ?

It arrived quickly, well boxed and beautifully packaged. I will be building in february or march, as we have snow on the ground and it would make it hard to find ;)

Once again, thanks to Fliskits and to all who participated.

Nick C.

Well, you could always 'paint' it with Sharpies so it wouldn't blend into the snow! ;)

Congrats!:congrats:

Back