PML Pit Bull motor question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff

Reaction score
I have been advised that AT G61, G67, G77 and G79 motors are not recommended for the PML Pit Bull or the Small Endeavor. Anyone have any insight into this? Seems like more than enough boost for these rockets no?

It should be fine...

Do you mean that they simply aren't listed, or were you specifically advised against using them?

Odd...

I can't see any reason why you would be advised against using them. They aren't listed simply because they are relatively new motors. They should be more than adequate however. I would say that it's definitely worth a try.

Right - the rockets predate those loads, which is why they're not listed as recommended motors on the site. People telling you not to use them may be saying so because they're not listed. I've personally flown my Small Endeavour on a G64, G67, and a G77 with no problems. Short delays on all, and they were great flights!

Thanks - I am planning on trying those engines with the Small Endeavor this weekend and I was concerned that maybe the rocket was over the weight limit for a G61. BY the way - when calculating the weight of a particular rocket that can be used with a particular motor does one include the weight of the motor in the equation??

Originally posted by Jeff
BY the way - when calculating the weight of a particular rocket that can be used with a particular motor does one include the weight of the motor in the equation??

I include it - it's weight that initially has to be lifted by the motor.

According to the AT catalog (available in PDF from their website):

G77 = 155 grams
G79 = 158 grams

Is that including the casing and closures? Sure feels a lot heavier than 6 oz....

Yes, that's total loaded motor weight, according to the catalog.

That's definitely the loaded weight - the propellant on a typical G is only 50-70 grams...

Back