Please consider helping Grizzly Aerospace Attend the Spaceport America Cup

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why it's wise to consult "outside sources", for confirmation.

Having Paranoid tendencies is prefereable to being in denial, because those in denial never realize their situation, until it's too late !
That's why it's important for all critical thinkers to have an open mind and consult multiple credible sources of varied persuasions.
Laters.

$50 . . . anonymously.

You can GUARANTEE that will NEVER happen again . . . Unfortunately, others who come along later will have to go without, because of actions like this group's.

Dave F.
Dave, automatically jumping to assuming grift is extremely uncharitable and unreasonable.

There is no reason to believe that this was anything other than a good-faith attempt to raise money for their trip to New Mexico, and the money they did raise was apparently spent on actual rocket flight attempts.

I genuinely hope the OP doesn't come back and see your accusatory comments. Put yourself in their shoes and think about how that would make you feel about the rocketry community.

others who come along later will have to go without, because of actions like this

Threads like this train wreck and similar ones are the reason I don't feel inclined to open my wallet when the site owner comes "begging for money" as someone so succinctly put it earlier.

Threads like this train wreck and similar ones are the reason I don't feel inclined to open my wallet when the site owner comes "begging for money" as someone so succinctly put it earlier.
Spot on . . . !

"Pay Your Own Way, Get A Formal Grant, Take Out A Loan, or Accept The Fact That You Are Out Of Luck . . . Don't Try To "Panhandle" Your Way Through Life, At The Expense Of Others" ! ! !

And that, boys & girls, is called "Life", whether you like it or not .

Dave F.

Spot on . . . !

"Pay Your Own Way, Get A Formal Grant, Take Out A Loan, or Accept The Fact That You Are Out Of Luck . . . Don't Try To "Panhandle" Your Way Through Life, At The Expense Of Others" ! ! !

Dave F.
Quoted, for posterity...and karma.

Spot on . . . !

Dave F.
Pretty sure @Rschub was talking about people like you speaking that way about aspiring rocketeers.

Pretty sure @Rschub was talking about people like you speaking that way about aspiring rocketeers.

Possibly . . . Either way, no more "Free Rides", at my expense. If people can find another sucker, that's on them . . . This "bank" is closed !

To clarify, my post was an attempt to get a moderator to put this thread out of its misery.
200.gif

Any donations went to a good cause IMO. Those funds went for rocketry purchases, test flights and good overall experience for the students. The fact they didn't make it to the show does not subtract from that. I am being optimistic and giving the benefit of the doubt.

To clarify, my post was an attempt to get a moderator to put this thread out of its misery.
200.gif
As Mr. Shannon said, you have to report it.

I have no idea, but if you think a moderator should shut it down you should report it.
No one has reported this thread. Locked.

To everyone, if you want a thread reviewed or think it needs to be locked. Click on the word report.
Screenshot 2023-08-31 at 2.16.25 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back