Pitchers...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sooner Boomer

Reaction score
Sorry about the accent. Pictures. Of rockets. Thousands of them. Enough to fill a CD. I've been scraping the web for them for several years. Most of them are of military rockets - I started collecting pictures for scale references. I think a lot of you would be interested in them. The question is: how can I distribute them? I don't own the copyright to any (some are probably public domain). I don't remember where most of them came from.

I'm not really interested in making any money, this was a labor of love/curiosity. Can I just give away the CDs? Can I charge a "reasonable" "duplication" fee (a buck or so), or a postage/handling fee (CDs are cheap but not free, and postage *certainly* isn't free)? Or do I just shut up, keep scraping the web, and sliding a CD to a friend or two under the table?

to paraphrase an old cartoon - I'll gladly pay you tomorrow for a CD today. I would think that recovering your cost of reproduction and shipping would not run you afoul of the law. As long as you are not profiting from someone else's work you should be ok.

Back