Peer Review Requested ...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markfsanderson

Model Rocketry Returnee ...
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Greetings,
As a Rocketeer Returnee ( I wish I had made this one up ) I'm in need of a bit of help/guidance for anyone who has the time/skills:

Problem: LOC Precision makes a wonderful rocket, the new LOC Precision 7.5" Door Knob rocket. This rocket is perfect for my level 2 NAR attempt. I have used part of the older Door Knob ORK file to create a new simulation. This is the first time I've ever created a simulation almost completely by scratch on open rocket or any other platform. If the simulation is to be believed, I'll (purposely) loose 60+ meters of altitude if I keep the fins squared off using an AT J315R w/8 second delay. Velocity off the rod @ 15.4m/s, Apogee at a wonderfully low 394 meters (NOVAAR has a smallish field and a 4500ft ceiling)
Solution: Some kind soul with simulation creation and rocket chops to look at this simulation to make sure it appears to be correct. This simulation is about 80 to 90 percent complete, with just some minor tweeks remaining ( I hope ).

Notes on the simulation.
* I do NOT plan on using rail guides. There is no 1010 Rail component for Open Rocket that I can see. Missing Feature?
* For whatever weird reason every time I put a dimension on recovery component( parachutes for one) It is reset back to some odd size when I reload the simulation from disk. Bug?
* This is my first, it is quite likely wrong. I'd like to get as close as practical.

Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks - Mark!

Attachments

• LOC 7.5 DoorKnob.pdf
    167.2 KB · Views: 11
  • loc__door_knob_level_2.rkt
    37.9 KB · Views: 9
I would save it as an ORK file, to retain more of the Open Rocket data. Sounds like that is what you are using. RKT file is better suited to Rocksim program. It should help with your parachute size not saving.
Others will be able to help with the rocket design.

Best of luck!

I would save it as an ORK file, to retain more of the Open Rocket data. Sounds like that is what you are using. RKT file is better suited to Rocksim program. It should help with your parachute size not saving.
Others will be able to help with the rocket design.

Best of luck!
Thanks!! I didn't even think about saving it as an ork . . .
Mark!

Latest posts

Back