Paul T`s REDSTONE DONE !!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The styrene rockets are done and just need to cure,then I shall paint them a silver of some sort.

Oh yah.....the spike comes off until I epoxy it on permanently.Just one less thing to bust off LOL

Cheers

Paul T

phphGzsv1AM.jpg

phpjgR9MkAM.jpg

phpKTkhQNAM.jpg

phplVk0a8AM.jpg

I know what you mean with the camera work on a build thread...but we thank you for the time and effort!! Fun to watch her come together! she is just gorgeous Paul! Like it or not I think, with a Redstone, the eye is just drawn to the tower ...and yours is just beautiful!

I can hardly wait to get it painted ,that`s what i`m waiting for ,and hopefully not too long from now.

Unfortunately ,it`s a little chilly outside and very very windy.....DANG !

Oh well, it`s my day to go shopping and housework ,so just as well.

BUT ,I am going shopping for PAINT after my groceries !

Cheers

Paul T

I got the little booster rockets painted (did it by painbrush) and glued in place.

I`m just finishing up the details on the capsule ,nothing heavy duty ,just to give a suggestion of panels and rivets.

Paul T

phpvX0o4WAM.jpg

looks SWEET! neat added detail Paul. hope it warms up so you can paint her.....the Redstone has such a great scheme with the roll bands and the red tower...its colorful. just A COOL LOOKING ROCKET!

I got the little booster rockets painted (did it by painbrush) and glued in place.

I`m just finishing up the details on the capsule ,nothing heavy duty ,just to give a suggestion of panels and rivets.

Paul T

I added some small details to the capsule ,just to give the impession of hatches and the ribs.I used thin strips of heavy cardstock and glued the pieces on ,then when dry,I coated the parts with superthin CA and sanded everything smooth.

To show the horizontal corrugations on the capsule skin ,I plan on making a cardstock stencil and using a dark gray spray paint ,lightly mist the surface.This should give a simulated look without having to actually make the raised(or sunken detail in this case) and test my sanity.

Paul t

phpd8iHVHAM.jpg

I also added rivets,using thick white glue ,but nothing too bold ,just pronounced to give the look.

Soooooooo next comes paint ,and for that I need good stable weather and time ,and next week is a long weekend for us ,so hopefully I can get started on that.

Thanks again for looking at my Mercury Redstone build !

Sincerely yours

paul t

phpQ9LeOyAM.jpg

Capsule is sweet my friend cant wait to see it with the tower.

TA

Hey ,I appreciate that fellas ,thankyou ever so kindly !:handshake:

After always seeing you guys painting while I could not (you know who you are LOL) I did get some primer on the capsule and the tower...YEEHAWWWW !

The rivets on the capsule look pretty good with the dark gray primer applied.I used white primer on the tower.

I hope tomorrow I can get more painted, as well as about a dozen other projects painted (more to tell the truth ,but I`ll post those later :wink:)

Take care everybody !!

And don`t forget your mothers tomorrow :cheers:

Paul T

Why would anyone want to do a 3FNC plain jane rocket build on the forum after seeing this kind of talent at work?

Seriously, there are a lot of talented people here and a few master builders. This thread is a good example of a master builder at work.

Why would anyone want to do a 3FNC plain jane rocket build on the forum after seeing this kind of talent at work?

Seriously, there are a lot of talented people here and a few master builders. This thread is a good example of a master builder at work.

Thankyou Jeff ,

I just love building stuff ,and you are correct ,there are plenty of talented people here ,and a great place to learn and share techniques.

I shall never judge what a person builds or what they like to build or how they build it ,as long as a person is having a good time just building (or flying for that matter)

Hey ,I have a few 3FNC rockets too, not many,but a few LOL

Take care and have fun....I do :wink:

Sincerely yours;

Paul T

that turned out great! Paul, this build is just terrific!

I added some small details to the capsule ,just to give the impession of hatches and the ribs.I used thin strips of heavy cardstock and glued the pieces on ,then when dry,I coated the parts with superthin CA and sanded everything smooth.

To show the horizontal corrugations on the capsule skin ,I plan on making a cardstock stencil and using a dark gray spray paint ,lightly mist the surface.This should give a simulated look without having to actually make the raised(or sunken detail in this case) and test my sanity.

Paul t

JPVegh...agree 100% this Forum is filled with just talented people. I am amazed at the variety of rockets produced and the finishes that some builders get on their birds is just stunning. But I agree, there are few Masters, and Paul is one of them. Just a lot of fun to watch their builds come together. You can see the amount of planning and thought that goes into their build and then watch it come together. just amazing work.

+100 Paul...I agree...I never judge what I see here...at the end of the day, its a hobby and if the builder is having fun with the build and flying then more power to them. I am not much of a 3FNC guy, but I have to say, some those builds on here are incredible and are some of the best work I have seen.

Thankyou Jeff ,

I just love building stuff ,and you are correct ,there are plenty of talented people here ,and a great place to learn and share techniques.

I shall never judge what a person builds or what they like to build or how they build it ,as long as a person is having a good time just building (or flying for that matter)

Hey ,I have a few 3FNC rockets too, not many,but a few LOL

Take care and have fun....I do :wink:

Sincerely yours;

Paul T

Still looking like about a million bucks dude!!

Thanks buddy ,it`s comming along.Hope to get more painted today ,the capsule and tower anyway.

I found a nice red/orange for the tower/tank ,just need a little more heat outside and BOOM !

Cheers

Paul T

Sure is a sweet looking build! Looking forward to seeing the finished build. Good luck with the weather.

Sure is a sweet looking build! Looking forward to seeing the finished build. Good luck with the weather.

Thanks chum !

The weather is looking great for the whole week and into the weekend ,and next monday is a holiday ,so my fingers are crossed and 100 cans of paint are ready !

.......YUP....I have that many projects to paint....been a long winter and i`ve been a busy little beaver :wink:

Take care !

Paul T

A 100 cans of paint! That is some shakin' and a shootin'. A real work out for the hand and arm. Your painting index finger will get you pumped up because this is no girly man rocket. It will need to be in tip top shape to push the launch button on the big day. :)

Again ,i`ve been trying so very hard to get things done and completed.

I always say how I hate to have these builds go no where ,but I think i`m on the right track.

Things have been very busy ,and I have much to show and catch up on.

The weather has not been great ,and i manage to get things painted here and there.

So for goodness sake, things are getting done.

The capsule is primed.

Not my best work, but we must accept it and follow through.

Paul T

php8TvaQpPM.jpg

phpFgUKo1PM.jpg

phpXmrIJXPM.jpg

A gloss black has been applied ,but only as a base coat.Things will look better in due course.

Paul T

phpCT6eSPPM.jpg

phpFt02xgPM.jpg

The tower and fuel tank have been painted also.

They do indeed look better than the pictures show.

Paul T

phpn4n9mLPM.jpg

phpY6ot2cPM.jpg

Tower and tank as well as the capsule is almost done.The white portion has also now been painted and decals are next.

The corrugations will be attempted before clearcoating,for that I have an idea.:wink:

I should be priming the rocket this week,Monday i think !

Cheers

Paul T

phpjFgVg9PM.jpg

phpP6kkFoPM.jpg

phpWwFVIOPM.jpg

she is looking GREAT Paul!!! this is such an awesome build!

Thanks chum,

I`m on the home stretch ,almost ready for primer....finally !!

Of course ,we`ll see how the weather holds up !

Paul t

How on earth did I miss this thread? I LOVE the Mercury Redstone!

How on earth did I miss this thread? I LOVE the Mercury Redstone!

I think you are too busy building you own projects LOL

I need you to get over here and give me a hand painting,I`ll make sandwiches and Koolaid :wink:

Paul T

Freakin AWESOME paul!

too bad you live so far away... I could use a new escape tower setup for the 12" LOL

Back