Parchment paper

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aerostadt

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Here is an idea that I got from Lucas at Archetype Rocketry. Previously, I had used aluminum foil against epoxy when clamping down broken fins. I may have put some o-ring grease on the aluminum foil. This took a little bit of time and sometimes the wrinkles in the aluminum foil would show through. Lucas pointed out that an easier way is to use parchment paper that you can pick up at the grocery store. Evidently, the parchment has some release agent in it and falls off the epoxy easily after it has cured. I suppose if you have some paper left over, you can bake some cookies.

IMG_2055.jpgIMG_2051.jpgIMG_2057.jpgIMG_2060.jpg

I use Parchment Paper all the time when I'm making FG tubes. I wrap them around my mandrel so that my FG doesnt stick to it.

Alex

I have used parchment paper since the beginning. Mylar is super neat and makes for a slick looking surface but for just about everything else, +1 on parchment. I think it has silicone in it.
-Ken

i used parchment paper to sandwich fins in fiberglass years ago. works like an absolute charm.

Parchment paper works very well as a release agent. Especially for cookies. Damn it, guys, now I want cookies.

Hmm.. It never even occurred to me to repair a broken fin! lol

I always just replace it! And if I have to replace a broken fin more than once, I snap them all off and replace them with glassed fins!!! If those ever break, the rocket goes in the spare parts box!

Jerome

I use Onion skin Tracing paper all the time for hardening or repairing Broken fins and Rotors. adds almost no weight and can be attached with wood glue or epoxy depending on the application.

Latest posts

Back