Ovoids and rounded rectangulars

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim51

Reaction score
Evenin' all...
My wife recently bought this deodorant stick. Naturally, as one does on these occasions, I pictured it flying, possibly with a single motor, or maybe a cluster, with fins as necessary. I was wondering if there's any record of, or plans for, such a vehicle? The shape's pretty common in sci-fi - Skywalker's landspeeder etc etc...but has anyone actually built, balanced and flown anything like this?20230223_190102.jpg20230223_190113.jpg

It's been done... somebody here posted up a photo of a deodorant container rocket. It had clear plastic fins.

Honestly... finding something that "hasn't been done" in this hobby is challenging.

Honestly... finding something that "hasn't been done" in this hobby is challenging.

One of the many reasons to love the hobby 😊 Thanks for confirming it's actually been done.
For some reason in my own visualisation I was imagining half-moon shaped fins, the straight edges facing aft..

Last edited:
Back