Outlook Express error

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl

Reaction score
I've gone a week without emails, and im starting to get sick of it!

Everytime I open Outlook Express (v6) and it trys to recieve the new emails, i get this error:

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'pop3.blueyonder.co.uk', Server: 'pop3.blueyonder.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

Does anyone know how to fix this? My email is ; @blueyonder.co.uk. So I went to the Blueyonder Webmail site, logged in and it shows me how many new messages i've got in my inbox (eg: Inbox(58)), but I carn't view them! Grrrr :kill:

If you're supposed to be able to view your emails via webmail but cannot, I'd say that's a good indication as to where the problem lies. It doesn't make sense to let you view the number of emails, but not the contents.

-Kevin

this happens to me sometimes,i always put it down to outlook having problems,as it never lasts more than a few hours,
ive never thoaght it to be a deeper problem, but....if you get it sorted could you let us know what it is ?
thanks,

JJ..(JJ-UK)

Originally posted by skan 32
this happens to me sometimes,i always put it down to outlook having problems,as it never lasts more than a few hours,
ive never thoaght it to be a deeper problem, but....if you get it sorted could you let us know what it is ?

Granted, I don't use Outlook Express, but any time I've seen something similar, it has been on the server end.

If it "never lasts more than a few hours", it sounds more like your provider finds and fixes a problem.

-Kevin

Try restarting your computer. If you have antivirus software it can cause problems like this if it isn't working right. But I don't know what would cause the webmail problem.

You can try Thunderbird instead. Download it here:
https://www.mozilla.com/thunderbird/
I've never had an error (except "can't connect to server" when my internet goes down (too often)). If you wait a few days, 1.5 will be out soon. And while you are at it, download Firefox too!

Why is this being attributed to Outlook, and why would Firebird make any difference?

Karl clearly states that the error message is
Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection.
Further, when he access his ISP's webmail interface, thus bypassing Outlook totally, he is still unable to view his e-mail.

Karl, I would suggest contacting your ISP, directing them to the web mail interface, which they can't blame on you or your computer in any way.

Why were you disappointed with Thunderbird?

Try contacting the email company. They can probably help you, whether it is a problem with their server or not.

I have used Thunderbird but went back to Outlook, I carn't remember exactly what, but something about Thunderbird got on my nerves.

I rang my ISP and they had a automated message on saying that there is a problem with their servers and it's being fixed at the moment. They stated on their website last night that it would be fixed in 4 hours. It's now the night later and it's still the same.

It's just strange how we have 3 different emails running off our Blueyonder connection and it's only mine that has been affected.

Back