OpenRocket question: How to make graphs showing flight data

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MetricRocketeer

Member of the US Metric Association
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi TRF colleagues,

Could someone please explain how in OpenRocket to make graphs showing flight data. Actually, I hadn't realized that this could be done in OpenRocket. (I know, of course, that it can be done in RockSim.) Last night, however, at the HARA meeting on Zoom, I saw a beautiful demonstration of a rocket build and flight, and the presenter quickly showed a graph.

So you understand the type of thing for which I am asking, right? I would like to see a graph showing such information as the rocket's altitude, velocity, and range, or whatever else one might want.

Thank you very much.

Stanley

Ok, I've done that type of thing before. Good you found it.

Once you click on 'Plot' there is a dialog to select what data to plot. At the top of this list you can select what is used for the 'x'-axis'. I use "Time" or "Position East of launch" (wind at 90° = from West) to study flight characteristics.

Also, at bottom left is an "Edit" button. this opens a dialog the select wind speeds and, Very Impotant, Launch Rod/Rail length as well as rail angle.

Have fun.

Back