open rocket problem

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ric

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
When I use the plot/export function the resulting graph displays so low on the screen that the legend can't be seen so I don't know what color line is connected to what information. Using click+drag doesn't move the graph. On rare ocasions the graph is displayed properly so I think the problem is with OR and not my laptop. Help.

It looks like that window is just off the edge of the screen. Did you try dragging it so the whole window is on-screen? If necessary first make it smaller by dragging the upper left corner down to the right.

Oh wait, I see you wrote above that click and drag doesn't move it. That is weird. Try shrinking the window first by moving the upper left corner down/right.

I've never not been able to move that window around. If you can't get it to work, please post the ORK file, although I don't know if the problem is likely to be embedded in the file.

I am unable to drag the whole screen. I tried left click+drag but that doesn't work. I was able to make it smaller by dragging the upper left corner but then was still unable to click+drag the image to the left.

Oh wait, I see you wrote above that click and drag doesn't move it. That is weird. Try shrinking the window first by moving the upper left corner down/right.

I've never not been able to move that window around. If you can't get it to work, please post the ORK file, although I don't know if the problem is likely to be embedded in the file.
That is very odd. In that case please post the ORK file. I don't know if it'll help but it's worth a shot.
In that screen shot you may have noticed that I am working on nine different motor combinations. So I started going through them (using the plot function) one at a time and noticed that the plot screen didn't show up in the same place each time. It moved around the screen. Moreover when I went back and replotted a motor combination the plot image often was in a different location from previous location for the same motor combination. In other words there was no consistency in where the plotted screen was placed. It also varied in size for no apparent reason.
How do I find/send the ork file?

The ORK file is on your system wherever you saved it in the first place. You should be able to find it in Windows Explorer (use search if you have to). Then just drag it over to the editor when replying to this thread, and it should attach itself.

The ORK file is on your system wherever you saved it in the first place. You should be able to find it in Windows Explorer (use search if you have to). Then just drag it over to the editor when replying to this thread, and it should attach itself.
It won't upload so my guess is there is some sort of problem with the program. Interestingly enough it shows up on my list of downloads but not in my list of programs.

Yes, I read that the first time, and it led me to think that perhaps you were trying to upload the *program* (that is, the JAR file, or an executable or something). I need the file for the rocket, the .ork file.

Yes, I read that the first time, and it led me to think that perhaps you were trying to upload the *program* (that is, the JAR file, or an executable or something). I need the file for the rocket, the .ork file.
Try this.

Attachments

• phobos 2 stage 54mm.ork
    1.9 MB · Views: 7
Another problem is that I keep getting a "discontinuity in rocket body" notification even though there isn't one. I used the "automatic" button on the nose cone but that didn't work.

Another problem is that I keep getting a "discontinuity in rocket body" notification even though there isn't one. I used the "automatic" button on the nose cone but that didn't work.
Check all the inside and outside dimensions of the body tubes as well.

I'm at work... Can't view the .ork file.

I f you are simulating the engine hook like I do, then the sim will give you the error message. The PBT needed to attach the hook is smaller than the motor tube.

Latest posts

Back