OK, let's see those pumpkins

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neil_w

OpenRocketeer
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
It's that time of year folks. Let's see what all you creative guys and gals are doing in the realm of carving squash.

Sadly I cannot post my own picture yet, it's only half done... Will remedy that tonight.

It isn't this bright when you are looking at it. It's in the photo. I still need to clean it up a bit and drape a wet towel over it until I'm ready to set it out.

100_2914.JPG

Nice!

Does the wet towel trick work? I have mine in the garage where it's reasonably cold until Wednesday. In the past I tried applying Vaseline to all the cut edges but it really didn't help very much.

Vaseline sucks for keeping moisture in. Normally I just give it a good soak in the kitchen sink face down and I might do that instead. But it may not fit. I'll spray it down inside and out with water and put that towel on it. Should do fine.

This evening I started to do some aesthetic trimming and noticed the teeth seemed a little dry and all of the other cut areas. Figured I'd best soak it in the sink until before I hit the sack. The towels weren't as effective as I had hoped. It didn't hurt tho.

Most jack-o's will last a few days before withering. I have a few areas that have close cuts where the remaining pumpkin is thin. This has been a problem in the past when I did intricate cuts like the design below. The teeth got all gnarly looking so I hydrated it beck to life.

Attachments

• Highly Perturbed 2.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 40
Back