Oh the weather outside is frightful....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlazarus6660

Reaction score
Snowing a light snow and is covering the ground but good. Roads are getting slick and its cold.
Just saying.

I would love to have some snow. Not gonna happen.

Amazing what you miss when you are away from home.

I will trade you, our (Washington coast) pridicted 80 mph gusts with substained winds 50 to 60, the flooding of my front yard up to the houses foundation and of course, the every present NW heavy rains for your snow...I would love a white christmas.

I'd love to have snow. Loved it when we lived in northern Utah, missed it ever since.

I would love to have some snow. Not gonna happen.

Amazing what you miss when you are away from home.

I know what you mean. The four years I lived in Florida, I missed that the most about New England and New Hampshire during the Holidays.

Highs in the mid 70s today. I don't miss snow one bit, shoveled enough to last me a lifetime. I am enjoying this cooler weather though.:wink:

It was a fun drive to MHT last night for a 12:55 landing! I'll take it as long as it is white!

I'm going to go with delightful over frightful as of right now. Temps the last couple weeks have been way above average, with NO SNOW!!!! Pushing 300 days without measurable snowfall in SE Wisconsin. Time to go do some more painting.:wink:

Snowing a light snow and is covering the ground but good. Roads are getting slick and its cold.
Just saying.

:neener: Is mostly sunny and 64 in Georgia! :D Though a good possibility for rain this PM, highs in the MID 70's...

Snow? What's that? All I have in my winter dictionary is:
slush
brown
T-shirt
70*
school shut down for 3 weeks

:lol:

Over 50* today so far Northern Michigan , might be able to open patio door later this afternoon

The little snow we had is melted and gone

Had snow over the weekend, around 6". It's gone but more is due tomorrow. I'm expecting a UPS shipment of carbon fiber fabric for my next build tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully he can make it.

I love snow... we are under a blizzard warning right now.. im so happy... cant wait... it needs to hurry up and start snowing... did i say love the snow... i love snow...

Well you could come visit me... lol It is 31C/87F today in Sydney. Muggy too. I am working on a build, stop over for a cold beer and we could have a BBQ on the front porch mate!!

Keep in mind that while it is nice right now, the lack of snow will have serious consequences come summer. No snow = water shortages...

We've been getting plenty of precip lately, it's just been all rain. Thanks Lake Michigan!

It's -40 over most of Russia. Thing about -40 is it's the same Farenheit as Celsius. The Russian Goverment is telling people to stay inside... Winter starts Friday :p

Over 50* today so far Northern Michigan , might be able to open patio door later this afternoon

The little snow we had is melted and gone

Update for today , winter storm watch 6" to 12" due in starting late tonight for Thursday FFS

Well, it's a-comin' down right now! Gotta love driving down 4th north or even better, 6th east going down to the island... slid down that once about 8 years ago.
-Ken

When I first moved to Logan I lived on the island. Had a Mitsubishi Mighty Max 4WD that made winter driving a lot easier than it might otherwise have been. From there I moved up off 10th N and 2nd W, then finally a townhouse on campus.

Scariest driving I ever did was coming back fom SLC through Sardine Canyon at night during a heavy snow. Did that a few times - instant vertigo every time!

I've got about 10" of wet 'wonderland'(not counting the wall at the end) in my driveway...and it is still coming down!
Rex

winter2012 001.jpg

Well you could come visit me... lol It is 31C/87F today in Sydney. Muggy too. I am working on a build, stop over for a cold beer and we could have a BBQ on the front porch mate!!

Well, it *is* summer there. Go ahead and snark now but don't come whining to us in July...:tongue: :neener:

Latest posts

Back