Official Info on New 29mm AT Redline Reloads

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deandome

Reaction score
https://www.rocketryplanet.com/content/view/1726/28/

AeroTech introduces new G71R 29mm Redline™ reload kit at NARCON 2007
Press Release by AeroTech Consumer Aerospace
Friday, March 09, 2007
CEDAR CITY, Utah USA — AeroTech is releasing the first new 'G' class reload kit for its RMS-29/40-120 reloadable model rocket motor hardware in nearly 13 years: the G71R.

The G71R uses AeroTech's Redline propellant and produces a highly visible exhaust plume with Redline's signature laser-beam red color. It is a two-grain configuration similar to the recently redesigned G64W, and like the G64W may be shipped via USPS Parcel Post® with no hazmat fee. The G71R will be available in three time delays: G71-4R (P/N 77104), G71-7R (P/N 77107) and G71-10R (P/N 77110)

The National Association of Rocketry (NAR) certified total impulse for the G71R is 107 N-sec. Other statistics include a burn time of 1.51 seconds, average thrust of 71.0 Newtons, peak thrust of 117 Newtons, propellant mass of 56.9 grams and initial mass of 147 grams. It may be used interchangeably in the same kits as the G64W reload, with the same time delays.

The G71R reload kit will be priced the same as the G64W, at $12.95 each. AeroTech is accepting orders for the G71R now and anticipates shipments to dealers and distributors to begin in mid to late May.

Instructions and the official NAR certification document for the G71R are available for download in PDF format from the Resource Library on the AeroTech website at https://www.aerotech-rocketry.com.

AeroTech Consumer Aerospace is a division of RCS Rocket Motor Components, Inc., Cedar City, UT.

Excellent news. I'm looking forward to trying it.

I'll have to check with my favorite vendor to see when they can ship me one or two.

Guess I need to check the Aerotech Rocksim motor data file to see if it has been updated.

Arnold

Super news,

since I've lost my trust on the LMS's.....

Hope its Bates grain and comes with a
FirstFire jr. igniter instead of the regular 'crapperhead'
:)

At our monthly launch today Orangeburg, 11 boyscouts dragraced their Arreau's on the new redlines, think they were the single use though, not sure. Any how it was realy cool to see 9 red flames go at once [2 never left pad]. They really show up bright red. way more so, than I expected the little 29mm's to do. Truly a crowdpleaser!!

Originally posted by blackjack2564
At our monthly launch today Orangeburg, 11 boyscouts dragraced their Arreau's on the new redlines, think they were the single use though, not sure. Any how it was realy cool to see 9 red flames go at once [2 never left pad]. They really show up bright red. way more so, than I expected the little 29mm's to do. Truly a crowdpleaser!!

I'm pretty sure they were using single-use motors, and that was a mighty impressive drag-race! It was a toss-up between that or the "K" redline earlier in the day for my favorite launch of the day. Commonly available red motors are a new thing since I was active in the hobby a decade ago -- change is good!

Did the big hybrid overcome it's nitrous (or lack thereof) problems and fly on Sunday?

-Rick (who is truly bummed that while a G25 makes for a gorgeous HV Arcas flight, a G20 just doesn't have quite enough oomph)

After driving 3hrs roudtrip the tank they brought back also did not have enough, so for a 3rd trip at noon Sun. they went again.After returning and overcoming some more giltchs's, it blew up the fincan on the pad. They are suspect of a defective fuel grain at this point.Several videos were shot and will be analyzed frame by frame. At this point , All I know He will probrably have much more info on his L-3 thread over at High Power threads

Latest posts

Back